Author Topic: Lets see you non standard bike builds  (Read 2839 times)

Lets see you non standard bike builds
« on: 16 July, 2021, 11:00:23 am »
A couple of Van Nic Zions Rohloffs, our Euro style touring bikes. One made for a headshok with a 1.5 head tube and a Titanium fork from Taiwan on mine. Both are 2005/6 builds and they have been reliable no issues.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
Re: Lets see you non standard bike builds
« Reply #1 on: 16 July, 2021, 11:14:28 am »
Bespoke campeur / randonneur by M-Gineering. Rohloff, integrated forumslader (German), S+S couplers. And a kick stand  ;D

Ready for take-off:

Posing in Wales:

(Bryan Chapman Memorial - two weeks of touring - This is Not a Tour 300)

« Reply #2 on: 19 July, 2021, 09:39:29 pm »
ZED43  Nice bike but racing pedals for touring? Couplings are the way to go if flying, have you a dedicated bike box?

« Reply #3 on: 19 July, 2021, 10:19:27 pm »
I've long fancied this:  http://www.foldingcyclist.com/TOBike-folding-bike.html
but it has taken 60 years to get to a decent-fish Moulton so it isn't going to happen. :)
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #4 on: 20 July, 2021, 07:40:08 pm »
What can I say? I'm a nerd who also likes to see the TSS on his tours  O:-) Didn't do me much good though, at the time the Garmin Vector3 pedals were utter shite and stopped giving me power data half way in the trip. The 3rd revision of the battery doors I installed a few months ago seem to have improved things, but I still tell people to stay away from them. I brought a pair of light-weight (Vivobarefoot) shoes for off-bike stuff.

I'm using a custom bag (mom knows how to operate a sewing machine  ;)) that folds up small and that I line with ubiquitous cardboard before travel. As it is, it doesn't fit in the 158cm total length bagage restrictions (maybe I could get it to fit, when removing the mudguards) so I pay the surcharge. It does travel for free in Dutch trains though (it's a folding bike, no bag needed) and I had no trouble bringing it in the Thalys to Paris (bagged).

« Reply #5 on: 20 July, 2021, 09:57:56 pm »

I can't get my head around your bar bag. It's humongous!!  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #6 on: 20 July, 2021, 10:05:38 pm »
The French love Big barbags, they even have special racks to hold them up. They are popular in Europe, as the front wheel is not dished so stronger.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 01 August, 2021, 08:46:24 pm »
Not mine, but a friend sent me this picture:

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #8 on: 01 August, 2021, 08:56:53 pm »
They all won the pools?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #9 on: 27 September, 2021, 12:33:22 pm »
They all won the pools?

Cycling is more than just riding a bike, some of us like something different. Have a look on Weight Weenies forum to see the pools winners ;D