Author Topic: Wanted: "Rough-stuff Cycling in the Alps"  (Read 1139 times)

Wanted: "Rough-stuff Cycling in the Alps"
« on: 21 June, 2008, 03:45:26 am »

Does anybody Over There have a copy of this book that they'd like to sell or trade? It's unfindable here.

Transatlantic shipping would be involved, but paid for by me of course.
scottclark.photoshelter.com

Re: Wanted: "Rough-stuff Cycling in the Alps"
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2008, 04:04:21 pm »
I'd guess it isn't findable because it isn't a commercially published book.

From the OCD website:
Roughstuff Cycling in the Alps

This book was compiled by Fred Wright from accounts by numerous cyclists as well as his own extensive experiences. It covers nearly 300 routes, ranging from easy unsurfaced roads at little more than 1000m to steep footpaths above 3000m. All Alpine areas from the southern French Alps to the Dolomites and Austrian Tyrol are included. There is a sketch map for each of the sixteen sections, plus colour photographs and an index. Some of the routes included are on our site and there was a review in OCD Cycloclimbing magazine No. 97 (Winter 2002).

It is available to Members and non-members alike from Fred at 68 Alfred Road, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0PH for £10 including UK postage. Payment should be by cheque payable to "OCD Cycloclimbing".

Re: Wanted: "Rough-stuff Cycling in the Alps"
« Reply #2 on: 21 June, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »
Interesting--the info I found had an ISBN ( 0 9541752 0 4 ) and said the book was published by Ibex Press. Maybe that's really Mr Wright.

I wonder how much postage would be to the US--could add up to being fairly expensive, which is why I was hoping to find a used copy.

But if I can't, then I can try the address you posted--thanks, Andrew.
scottclark.photoshelter.com