Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 143293 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #100 on: 26 November, 2015, 04:16:45 pm »
Like when Bumper's new bike got delivered to Northampton . . .  :demon:
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #101 on: 26 November, 2015, 05:17:01 pm »
yesterday: got a text from interlink to say my delivery will arrive tomorrow, 'click here' to change date. I clicked and changed to Monday because I'm out tomorrow.

Confirmation text arrives almost instantly.

this morning:  text from them to say 'your parcel is at the depot for you to collect, click here to see where the Cambridge depot is'.  Pleasant surprise it was early balanced by the arseache of having to go and get it, but I could sneak out at lunchtime on the bike and get some coffee at the same time... Except I clicked and the Cambridge depot is in Chatteris, 25 miles away.

Emailed retailer. They said Interlink will refuse to speak to them if it's not the depot nearest the retailer and I had to call myself. 

Called, she said (direct quote) 'Oops, Geoff's put it in the wrong pile.. sorry!  it'll be with you on Monday'.

bloody geoff.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #102 on: 26 November, 2015, 05:31:08 pm »
An unspecified courier has just delivered 2/3 of barakta's new desk...

Does it count as grink if you type it into TextRelay?  Regardless, that's what barakta is currently subjecting TNT to.

I've just got home, and she's still doing it.  With added boabwords.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #103 on: 26 November, 2015, 06:03:49 pm »
After claiming in an entirely non believable way that it would TOTES be with me by 9am at lunch time I said this wasn't good enough as I didn't trust them. As I couldn't stay on the line to harangue them (cos I had to give a deaf awareness session) they promised to email me.

They didn't email me, I phoned back at about 4:45pm and spent a further 45 mins on the relay talking to variety of people. Such competence. "We don't know who the sender is" "we don't have a full delivery address" "we don't actually know where the item is" $Excuse $Excuse. Eventually they admitted it was TOTALLY lost and can take up to 3 days to find IF they can find it.

So much for my 10am ergonomic setup slot... Rather pissed off as it means lots of heavy crap all over our dining room, a whole new delivery faff + rearranging setup... And means even longer till I have the ergo kit I need. 

NOT Very Happy with TNT!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #104 on: 26 November, 2015, 06:36:35 pm »
...and there's a SEP field that prohibits me from mantling any of it.   :(

« Reply #105 on: 26 November, 2015, 06:40:45 pm »
Like when Bumper's new bike got delivered to Northampton . . .  :demon:

:hand: :hand: :hand: :hand: DON'T TEMPT FATE

I've got a new bike coming from planetx, hopefully!
I'm trying to not even think about it, something will go tits up. It always does.

I'm lucky like that :facepalm:

OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #106 on: 27 November, 2015, 12:18:23 am »
Mea Culpa!

**wanders off mumbling about 'Bloody cyclists always got money for new bikes...' <grumble grumble>
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #107 on: 27 November, 2015, 08:01:54 am »
Mea Culpa!

**wanders off mumbling about 'Bloody cyclists always got money for new bikes...' <grumble grumble>

stop yer whingin'

I've got some stuff for you next time you're over this way :thumbsup:
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #108 on: 27 November, 2015, 09:15:28 am »
Quite useful when they've delivered to the wrong place. You have a fighting chance of getting it resolved while the driver's not too far away.

Yep, I got an email from DPD saying "we've left it with your neighbour at no. 7" with an accompanying photograph...  except it clearly wasn't our neighbours. So I was able to contact them immediately. It helped that I knew exactly where he HAD dropped it off - we're in "Buckland" and the house he left it at is 800m away in "Buckland Wharf". It's a confusion that happens enough to know what's going on. It can however be somewhat worrying - I got home one night to find a "For Sale" board in the front garden! Luckily my wife was still talking to me, and it was a case of mistaken property identity  ;D
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #109 on: 27 November, 2015, 11:54:48 am »
After claiming in an entirely non believable way that it would TOTES be with me by 9am...

Code: [Select]
10:35:17 <front_room> There's somebody at the door!
'nuff said.

« Reply #110 on: 30 November, 2015, 04:00:36 pm »
Warning: May contain Clarkson.

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011

« Reply #111 on: 30 November, 2015, 04:15:16 pm »
The last thing I'd want is a bucketful of Clarkson's shite. Especially one delivered by drone. 
We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. We should do twice as much listening as talking.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #112 on: 05 December, 2015, 04:37:50 pm »
Argghh,,

Amazon Prime, seem to be unable to deliver in two days, let alone next day.

And as for not being able to find my daughters flat.. Lack of braincell or effort.

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #113 on: 05 December, 2015, 04:46:06 pm »
The last thing I'd want is a bucketful of Clarkson's shite. Especially one delivered by drone. 

My apologies. I've just remembered. Clarkson's shite is always delivered by drone.
We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. We should do twice as much listening as talking.

« Reply #114 on: 05 December, 2015, 05:00:59 pm »

The opening scene from Smokey & The Bandit 2 springs to mind, where a trio of  B-25 Mitchells make a "fertiliser" bombing run.  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #115 on: 05 December, 2015, 05:31:38 pm »
Argghh,,

Amazon Prime, seem to be unable to deliver in two days, let alone next day.

Barakta ordered some stuff via Amazon Prime on Monday.  It promised delivery on Wednesday.  On Wednesday morning the tracking showed that it had been loaded onto a van.  Which is where it remained until this afternoon (Saturday).  This is in spite of various moaning by barakta.

David Martin

« Reply #116 on: 05 December, 2015, 06:17:00 pm »
This probably reflects the race to the bottom and poor practices by the logistics industry. Still waiting for the parcel promised today.

Coming by Hermes.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #117 on: 05 December, 2015, 06:39:39 pm »
Barakta has, quite reasonably, pointed out that although Black Friday isn't a thing in the UK, many of Amazon's customers may not have got the message.

« Reply #118 on: 05 December, 2015, 06:41:31 pm »
Barakta has, quite reasonably, pointed out that although Black Friday isn't a thing in the UK, many of Amazon's customers may not have got the message.

Sadly, it is a thing in the UK.

barakta

« Reply #119 on: 05 December, 2015, 07:49:21 pm »
I will be issuing a grink to scamazon over my parcel cos they knew they wouldn't be able to deliver on time when I ordered and then lied to me repeatedly. For all the good it'll do. My prime is a student 6 month trial and I'm not feeling inclined to pay for it. I'd have gone to the evil shop hadi known Amazon would not deliver properly. I needed the item on wed not SAT... And had waiting for delivery staying in for 4 days cos of lies.

David Martin

« Reply #120 on: 05 December, 2015, 08:21:32 pm »
They have admitted defeat and claim it will now be delivered some time between tomorrow and wednesday.
When I am not at home.

ian

« Reply #121 on: 07 December, 2015, 10:05:06 am »
I can't complain, during my recent hair cutting disaster (remember thought leadership demands tidy hair), I ordered a fancy new Wahl clipper at about 11am and it arrived at 7pm, thus meaning I arrived looking mostly not like someone who had escaped from a high security psychiatric institution.

David Martin

« Reply #122 on: 07 December, 2015, 09:43:53 pm »
It arrived first thing sunday morning.

barakta

« Reply #123 on: 08 December, 2015, 01:26:11 am »
My lamp is rather good, might get a second for reading dead trees with (to keep colour temps the same) but will make a point of ordering from NotAmazonTM >:(

I got an obsequious email in response to my "not fucking happy" chat with not very good English speaker on text chat several days ago. 6k sociology essay with b0rked arm overrides writing the mother of all grinks back as I don't fancy Dragonning Grinks. I'm not dragonning the damned essay either!

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #124 on: 08 December, 2015, 05:28:16 pm »
Un-shite courier:

I ordered an item of jewellery from South Uist at lunchtime yesterday.
It arrived in this morning's post at my work.

RM Special Delivery.