Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2468212 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #19975 on: 12 May, 2015, 09:02:38 pm »
Hoping that this will be the last body-clock-disoriented day, trying to find activities that keep me occupied for the next hour.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #19976 on: 14 May, 2015, 12:25:38 am »
Watching UA27 which has #1 son on board.  He's spent a couple of weeks with Mrs. B's mercan rellies. 
Seems to have taken off OK and is wandering around.  If I wake up at 6ish, I can watch him land at BHX.

Fx:  Phone rings.
Mrs. B. "Are you going to meet him at the airport?"
Me.   :facepalm: "He's 30 years old!  There'll be younger people on the flight who own companies"  ::-).  "He can catch the train like I always did"
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #19977 on: 14 May, 2015, 07:41:49 am »
cleaning another dollop if stinky, sticky dog shit off my tyres >:(

lazy, dirty bastards!
I bought a can of that spray paint for temporary football pitches stuff, with which to draw attention to the mountainous piles of dog shit someone doesn't pick up round our way.
Two small turds and one enormous one done so far.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #19978 on: 14 May, 2015, 04:32:22 pm »
Writing about mcshroom in the third person onna work form.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #19979 on: 14 May, 2015, 05:41:19 pm »
Trying to age a new one of these

To the equivalent of three weeks Australian sun and rain in a matter of hours. This is the sort of thing you might find yourself doing if you lose the genuine article on the return journey and don't want to 'fess up as this will be yet another thing you have lost carelessly. You will be happy that you were able to secure the identical item in the UK, but disappointed in its rather effective resistance to instant ageing, including being left out in the rain.

Oh well.

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #19980 on: 14 May, 2015, 06:52:24 pm »
Watching UA27 which has #1 son on board.  He's spent a couple of weeks with Mrs. B's mercan rellies. 
Seems to have taken off OK and is wandering around.  If I wake up at 6ish, I can watch him land at BHX.

Fx:  Phone rings.
Mrs. B. "Are you going to meet him at the airport?"
Me.   :facepalm: "He's 30 years old!  There'll be younger people on the flight who own companies"  ::-).  "He can catch the train like I always did"

Basil, you idiot!  His flight is on Thursday.  The flight you watched arrive at 6 this morning took off on Wednesday.  :facepalm:

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #19981 on: 14 May, 2015, 08:28:45 pm »
Fielding stupid questions from lusers on fleaBay  ::-)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #19982 on: 14 May, 2015, 10:10:54 pm »
cleaning another dollop if stinky, sticky dog shit off my tyres >:(

lazy, dirty bastards!
I bought a can of that spray paint for temporary football pitches stuff, with which to draw attention to the mountainous piles of dog shit someone doesn't pick up round our way.
Two small turds and one enormous one done so far.

Someone's been doing that round here too. Dayglo dog turds all over the place. Fine, it makes it easier for small children (and me) avoid standing in it. Bit odd thobut .
Milk please, no sugar.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #19983 on: 15 May, 2015, 07:46:42 am »
I am hoping to shame the owners into picking it up. And if that doesn't work, well, they're easier  to avoid. There is lots of supported accommodation round here, so lots of wheelchair users, who I am sure don't want to track dog shit through their houses on their wheels.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #19984 on: 15 May, 2015, 09:03:04 am »
On our 300 a couple of weeks back we had a right cackle when a couple of youngsters deliberately rode their mountain bikes through a great pyramid of horse droppings on a cycle track.  Wonderfully gleeful they were, too.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #19985 on: 15 May, 2015, 09:28:37 am »
Trying to age a new one of these

To the equivalent of three weeks Australian sun and rain in a matter of hours. This is the sort of thing you might find yourself doing if you lose the genuine article on the return journey and don't want to 'fess up as this will be yet another thing you have lost carelessly. You will be happy that you were able to secure the identical item in the UK, but disappointed in its rather effective resistance to instant ageing, including being left out in the rain.

Oh well.

Try to get it really sweaty, then kick it around on the dusty ground for a bit.  Scratch the surfaces repeatedly with your fingernails, screw it up and sit on it.  Mine still doesn't look too bad after all that happening to it after a number of years, naturally, but you can tell its not new.  I called mine Skippy, for rather too obvious reasons.  Mrs W, thinking the "Goodness Gracious me" interpretation of Skippy was far better (it was) has re-christened it "Skipinder".  Brilliant hat!  I've got zero hair, so some form of head protection is vital in hot places, but it keeps off the rain, too.
Wombat

ian

« Reply #19986 on: 15 May, 2015, 09:30:45 am »
I am hoping to shame the owners into picking it up. And if that doesn't work, well, they're easier  to avoid. There is lots of supported accommodation round here, so lots of wheelchair users, who I am sure don't want to track dog shit through their houses on their wheels.

I thinking of writing in big letters along the pavement PICK UP YOUR DOG SHIT. There seems to be a belief that you let mutt mostly shit on the lane or at the side of the path it doesn't count. Especially once things warm up, it makes for a unpleasantly fragrant stroll. And eventually the schoolkids will step in it and leaving pooey footprints everywhere.

Chris S

« Reply #19987 on: 15 May, 2015, 10:11:56 am »
Rather than unsightly paint, why not make up some little flags that you can stick in the offending turds with nice motivational messages for the offending dog-emptiers?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #19988 on: 15 May, 2015, 11:30:17 am »
This just shows how far we've come as a civiliasation.  As recently as the late 80s, it was considered perfectly reasonable to leave dog poo lying around until it turned white, as long as you made a bit of an effort to direct it to the side of the path.

These days the dog poo is collected in plastic bags and chucked in a hedge, and the path is littered with cars.

« Reply #19989 on: 15 May, 2015, 11:46:57 am »
It doesn't impress me when they pick it up and leave the bag hanging in the trees.

There's still tiny bits of the turd dried between my tread, the dog must have been eating fucking no nails!

the new phrase is 'sticks like shit to a tyre'.

A few months ago, I caught someone letting their dog shit on my front garden. Doesnt sound too strange, except the dog had jumped 3ft up and over my wall. I ran out of the house and gave them a bollocking, cheeky bastard asked for bag to pick it up :facepalm:
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #19990 on: 15 May, 2015, 06:16:44 pm »
It must be getting worse. There's just been a news item about poo.

It's something to stamp out, not in :facepalm:
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #19991 on: 15 May, 2015, 06:25:01 pm »
Rather than unsightly paint, why not make up some little flags that you can stick in the offending turds with nice motivational messages for the offending dog-emptiers?
Hasn't someone in Embra done something like this, or am I misremembering?

Either way, someone in the village has taken to using a stencil consisting of a HBFO arrow and the words 'PICK IT UP!' underneath - the arrow points at the offending mound of dog stew, natch. Presumably they use that temporary paint as a couple of showers and it has washed away. Unlike the turd.

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #19992 on: 15 May, 2015, 06:48:55 pm »

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #19993 on: 16 May, 2015, 01:09:52 pm »
Two of the three sprayed turds have been removed. Victory in our time.

« Reply #19994 on: 16 May, 2015, 01:27:57 pm »

poower to the people!!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #19995 on: 16 May, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »

Where's that Riggers? We need a photoshopped Kirsten Churchill with a cigar anna V-sign. :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #19996 on: 16 May, 2015, 08:10:07 pm »
Watching paint dry.   No, seriously.   

I've been painting skirting boards for the new bathroom project today and have just been to see if they are dry enough to bring indoors.   I've decided to leave them out in the back yard for the night.   Forecast is dry.   :thumbsup:

Chris S

« Reply #19997 on: 16 May, 2015, 08:12:06 pm »
Watching paint dry.   No, seriously.   

Don't knock it. I had a job doing this (and some other things) for about 6 years when I was much much younger.

« Reply #19998 on: 16 May, 2015, 08:32:53 pm »

I saw that on a visit to Saltaire a few years ago. Someone had made a little flag using a cocktail stick and a piece of paper, stuck it in the turd and written "Shame on you, clean up your poo". :D

« Reply #19999 on: 16 May, 2015, 08:34:29 pm »
Some years ago when things like video recorders still existed, a friend of mine took the Michael and bought me a video of the same.   It went on for 30 minutes.

That was around the last time I did any decorating which was in the last century!