Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2469765 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #21950 on: 23 March, 2018, 06:13:08 pm »
Well according to Dr Beardy (Mrs) I'm trying to solve all of BTs problems before my holiday (which officially started 1hr 12m ago)
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #21951 on: 24 March, 2018, 01:15:14 pm »
Stuck opposite a right pair of middle aged brexidiot Daily Hate readers with over three hours between Taunton and Mordor.

To make matters worse she is wearing that cheap perfume which smells vile and you can taste it.

What have I done to deserve this I wonder?

:sick:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21952 on: 24 March, 2018, 01:31:44 pm »
To make matters worse she is wearing that cheap perfume which smells vile and you can taste it.

What the Germans call Nuttendiesel - whore-diesel. Whorehouse diesel sounds better.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #21953 on: 24 March, 2018, 01:50:19 pm »
Indeed.

It's making my throat dry now and my eyes water.

Only 1 3/4 hours to go.    :(

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21954 on: 24 March, 2018, 03:41:53 pm »
When I worked in Stuttgart we had a woman in Marketing who wore Dior Poison.  You could tell if she'd been in a room two hours after she left it.

« Reply #21955 on: 24 March, 2018, 03:53:21 pm »
And breathe ... :   thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21956 on: 24 March, 2018, 05:16:32 pm »
Then you get home and the missus sniffs and says "who have you been with?"

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #21957 on: 24 March, 2018, 11:00:42 pm »
Trying to decide if an 80s night (for a friends 50th) is a joyful trip down memory lane or a painful reminder of an awkward youth.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #21958 on: 24 March, 2018, 11:33:15 pm »
I went to an eighties night.  It was awful. 
I thought they meant eighties music.  Not the age of the punters.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21959 on: 25 March, 2018, 08:56:50 am »
Hunting through camera menus for date/time setting. Some of them do it automatically, others need to be told that summer time is in force, others ignore it so you have to adjust it yourself.  Maybe I should set them all to UTC & to hell with it.

Other than that I'm waiting for the temperature to get up to non-life-threatening levels, and hoping that by the time it has there'll still be the odd patisserie open.

« Reply #21960 on: 25 March, 2018, 11:57:48 am »
Then you get home and the missus sniffs and says "who have you been with?"

mllePB was with me for the entire endurance.  I think if I smelled of whorediesel she'd be justified on so many levels in kicking me out.

A former client liked her perfume though to be fair it was a very pleasant and expensive smelling one. She is a 'toucher' and I did worry that I might have picked up the fragrance but nothing was said.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #21961 on: 25 March, 2018, 01:05:13 pm »
*boggles*

Barakta regularly comes home smelling of Other People's Stuff due to using trains, sleeping in beds, borrowing shampoo, being smoked at or whatever.  I just tell her when she smells (her nose is rubbish and she isn't always aware of it herself) and to go and have a bath.  It's not like I don't come home reeking of Eau de Audaxer from time to time.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #21962 on: 30 March, 2018, 10:08:03 pm »
1) Packing.  This is slightly unusual as I tend to leave such activities until a few hours before departure.  At the time of writing, I have over half a day until I leave.  :thumbsup:

2) Worrying.  Tomorrow evening I start an intense week (and a bit) of singing.  This afternoon I noticed my throat was feeling a bit sore.  :-\
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21963 on: 31 March, 2018, 08:30:06 am »
Drinking my third mug of tea and eating a croissant prior to going for a ride.

« Reply #21964 on: 31 March, 2018, 08:35:28 am »
Snotting.  Yes, the bear has caught a bug.   :(

« Reply #21965 on: 31 March, 2018, 08:39:39 am »
Trying to decide if I really want to ride in that wind.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #21966 on: 31 March, 2018, 09:26:51 am »
Trying to encourage myself out the door for a ride in that wind, after working out how to sing this for this evening's Vigil service: -

This notation is stupid, and the way they've separated it out makes it even harder to read. Give me either Gregorian or proper musical notation any day.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #21967 on: 31 March, 2018, 09:38:40 am »
Trying to encourage myself out the door for a ride in that wind, after working out how to sing this for this evening's Vigil service: -

This notation is stupid, and the way they've separated it out makes it even harder to read. Give me either Gregorian or proper musical notation any day.

That pretty much exactly depicts my objection to church music - the inability to pick a note and stick to it.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #21968 on: 31 March, 2018, 09:54:37 am »

That pretty much exactly depicts my objection to church music - the inability to pick a note and stick to it.

AKA "Houston's Disease".
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #21969 on: 31 March, 2018, 10:47:20 am »

That is horrid.  I think you need some of this and a pencil.  O:-)

ETA:  And another vote for proper notation.  :thumbsup:

Плотїю-фрагмент
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21970 on: 31 March, 2018, 03:23:08 pm »

The Inlaw Paw did: same one for every hymn he ever sang, all the way through.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21971 on: 31 March, 2018, 03:25:08 pm »
Meanwhile, yrs trly is basking in the afterglow of effort and chocolate bickies while his quads solidify.

« Reply #21972 on: 31 March, 2018, 08:29:51 pm »

The Inlaw Paw did: same one for every hymn he ever sang, all the way through.

He could have joined forces with my mother who sings at the pace she thinks it should be sung, regardless of how dirgy the pianist/organist plays. Mind you, when she played the piano, everyone had to keep up or she won. :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #21973 on: 31 March, 2018, 08:35:21 pm »
A couple of our friends had a full church wedding, which was over and done by (including sermon - 7 seconds, and signing the register) in 25 minutes. That was impressive, but the 7 verses of all things bright and beautiful were taken at light speed - no one could keep up!
California Dreaming

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #21974 on: 31 March, 2018, 09:47:54 pm »
Well it went ok. I don't have to do that silly line again for another 385 days
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!