Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2469735 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #3800 on: 18 March, 2010, 04:07:00 pm »
Starting jobhunting having received an email outlining the "restructuring" of the company I work for  :(

At 53 I fear my age will be against me (even if discrimination on the basis of age is illegal).
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3801 on: 21 March, 2010, 02:59:28 pm »
Having a rest between gardening and taking Miss Z out on her bike.

The other Miss Z is watching The Sound Of Music on DVD.  It's the bit where Ralf the telegram boy is in the summerhouse with the eldest daughter (16 going on 17).  Stay away from him love!  He's a Nazi!
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3802 on: 21 March, 2010, 03:01:07 pm »
Starting jobhunting having received an email outlining the "restructuring" of the company I work for  :(

At 53 I fear my age will be against me (even if discrimination on the basis of age is illegal).
The general advice is to do a CV without your age or DOB.  They might be able to work it out from the employment dates, but  they probably won't be arsed.  Then you can dazzle them at interview.

The ageism law has no practical effect - I'm assuming I'll be made redundant at about 50 (if I even make it that far) and will never go back to a Proper Job again after that.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Deborah

« Reply #3803 on: 21 March, 2010, 03:05:00 pm »
I have just finished reading and commenting on a report for a colleague.  Now it is time to play a little before my holiday is over.

« Reply #3804 on: 21 March, 2010, 03:33:04 pm »
Just back from two laps of Richmond Park on the heavy Surly, and I burned off some roadies up Bastard Hill.  :smug:

Then was dragged to South Park by Woolly to inspect a chocolate-coloured working cocker spaniel as part of his 'can-we-have-a-woofy' campaign.  ::-)

« Reply #3805 on: 21 March, 2010, 03:45:29 pm »
Starting jobhunting having received an email outlining the "restructuring" of the company I work for  :(

As Roger said, don't actually put your age or your date of birth on your CV.   Obviously they can work it out by your experience to the nearest couple of years, but, it's less of an immediate 'bin' job that way.

I don't mention my disability either.   I usually take folk aback when I walk into the room.  Can work for me, can work against.   Better to be in the room than in the bin ;)

Deborah

« Reply #3806 on: 21 March, 2010, 03:47:56 pm »
Just back from two laps of Richmond Park on the heavy Surly, and I burned off some roadies up Bastard Hill.  :smug:

Then was dragged to South Park by Woolly to inspect a chocolate-coloured working cocker spaniel as part of his 'can-we-have-a-woofy' campaign.  ::-)

One of MrDeborah's daughters is mounting a similar campaign.  Are you going to give in and have a woofy?

border-rider

« Reply #3807 on: 21 March, 2010, 03:57:05 pm »
Renewing car insurance.

What an almighty PITA.  Why do they go through the charade of offering a renewal at £200 more than you can get by going to a price comparison website ?

« Reply #3808 on: 21 March, 2010, 04:34:15 pm »
I am going to get up from the chair in a minute and close the windows which have been open all day  :)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #3809 on: 22 March, 2010, 11:46:08 am »

Is this as opposed to inspecting a faulty cocker spaniel?

Just think - a Woolly with a woofy  :D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #3810 on: 22 March, 2010, 12:23:53 pm »
I'm eating an apple

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #3811 on: 22 March, 2010, 12:56:34 pm »
Deciding whether to work on the materials for the training course that I'm supposed to be giving on Thursday in Bristol or on sorting out the data migration for (yet) another high priority project or whether just to give the whole thing up as a bad job and quit...
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3812 on: 22 March, 2010, 02:00:01 pm »

Is this as opposed to inspecting a faulty cocker spaniel?

Just think - a Woolly with a woofy  :D

A Woolly Woofter?   :-\

;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #3813 on: 22 March, 2010, 03:58:13 pm »
Just printed, signed, scanned and emailed my contract extension back to the outsourcing peeps.

I still haz a job...

On the flip side, it's only a two month extension, the project team's shrunk down to the bare minimum that can do the job, the shift pattern I'm having to work puts me in weekend purdah during even-numbered months and it's totally borked my body clock, but apart from that, everything's peachy...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #3814 on: 22 March, 2010, 04:53:18 pm »
Hiding from the brat my son has brought home from school. Loud, obnoxious and spoilt just start to describe him. If I hadn't interevened, he'd still be on the Wii now letting the others watch him show how brilliant he is at Mario Kart.

Roll on 5.30 - fast - please!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #3815 on: 26 March, 2010, 06:30:18 pm »
Stood in a corner at victoria, watching everyone else get on trains while i wait for my bike to be allowed on. Yawn.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3816 on: 26 March, 2010, 10:00:12 pm »
I'm absolutely not looking at the penises on Embarrassing Bodies, and anyone who says I am can't prove it.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #3817 on: 27 March, 2010, 10:02:19 am »
Trying to sort out several thousand pounds of fraudulent activity on my current account. Shit.

Deborah

« Reply #3818 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:23:24 pm »
I hope you get it sorted Peliroja. Fraud hurts as much on an emotional level as it does on a fiscal level.

Deborah

« Reply #3819 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:26:14 pm »
I'm waiting me MrDeborah to come back from the airport after diposition daughter no2 on a plane. 

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #3820 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:31:44 pm »
Contemplating whether it's too early to have a beer.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #3821 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:33:46 pm »
Having a beer  ;D

Chris S

« Reply #3822 on: 27 March, 2010, 01:00:19 pm »
Having a beer  ;D

Two minutes two Seconds. It took you TWO MINUTES TWO SECONDS to decide?  :o

What took you so long?  ;)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3823 on: 27 March, 2010, 05:50:30 pm »
Making apricot & almond flapjacks to take with me on the Man Of Kent 200 tomorrow.  :P

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Bluebottle

• Everybody's gotta be somewhere
« Reply #3824 on: 27 March, 2010, 05:55:27 pm »
Installing updates to autodock and downloading chimera.
Dieu, je vous soupçonne d'être un intellectuel de gauche.

FGG #5465