Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2468200 times)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #8100 on: 10 May, 2011, 04:47:54 pm »
I am listening to loud music whilst cooking a Proper Roast Dinner.  With pigsinblankets and stuffing and roast tatties/sweet potatoes/'snips and yorkshire puds.  I think I might do carrotandswede mash.  And broccoli.  Oh, and some chicken.

I do love cooking.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #8101 on: 10 May, 2011, 04:48:46 pm »
:facepalm:

I think you mean...

(click to show/hide)
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #8102 on: 10 May, 2011, 04:50:02 pm »
That's very yummyinmytummy Crinkly :thumbsup: I can get there approx 1930hrs.is that o.k.?
 ;D

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #8103 on: 10 May, 2011, 06:54:45 pm »
browsing the internet looking at 2nd hand camper vans & motorhomes :demon:

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #8104 on: 10 May, 2011, 09:17:41 pm »
Eating a very nice burger (with salad, potato wedges, and using a knife and fork an evryfink) while Bedfordshire hurtles past the window at 110mph.

East Midlands Trains have customer service (in the posh seats, anyway) down to a T.

(Edit: And free wi-fi too!)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

simonp

« Reply #8105 on: 10 May, 2011, 09:25:58 pm »
Considering the wisdom of:

Spinning class last night.

Near 30mph on the pomp on the way to work this morning.

Being sore all day.

Near 30mph on the pomp on the way to the gym.

And after saying several times I was going to have an easy swim, I did 1000m in 20 minutes. I was going to try for a 1500m PB in fact and might still have achieved that, but at 1000m my arms suddenly felt like lead, so I quit.

The BCM is about 3.5 days away.  :facepalm:

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #8106 on: 10 May, 2011, 09:33:28 pm »
Failing to get to grips with samba (server, not the dance).  I'll try again when I can concentrate a bit more.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

simonp

« Reply #8107 on: 10 May, 2011, 09:34:36 pm »
Though. I'm not sore any more. Swimming is great for that. :)

« Reply #8108 on: 10 May, 2011, 09:46:31 pm »
Failing to get to grips with samba (server, not the dance).  I'll try again when I can concentrate a bit more.

Samba configuration can be "fun".  The entire server here is still borked, so I don't have to worry about it at the moment.

I've just failed to find a decent size of PROM.  The largest PROM I can find in a Rad Hard technology is 32k×8, which seems a bit pathetic by modern standards, but it's surprising how hard it is to find a decent size of non-volatile memory, at least compared to stuff like RAM. :-\
Actually, it is rocket science.

Chris S

« Reply #8109 on: 10 May, 2011, 09:57:55 pm »
Coughing.  >:(

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #8110 on: 10 May, 2011, 10:01:28 pm »

Samba configuration can be "fun".  The entire server here is still borked, so I don't have to worry about it at the moment.

This is my first foray into the world of servers (excluding being a regular 'user' on the Windows system at work).  I need to either find an "Idiot's Guide to Servers" or buy some BEER and invite over one of my geekier friends.

I've just failed to find a decent size of PROM.  The largest PROM I can find in a Rad Hard technology is 32k×8, which seems a bit pathetic by modern standards, but it's surprising how hard it is to find a decent size of non-volatile memory, at least compared to stuff like RAM. :-\

Wow, I actually understood that, but only because I've spent too much time in Ctrl+Alt+Del.  ;D

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

simonp

« Reply #8111 on: 11 May, 2011, 12:02:05 am »
Updating the BCM gpx for the new control location whilst trying to decide whether to not watch Snog Marry Avoid?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8112 on: 11 May, 2011, 12:19:04 am »
Rad Hard technology

Are they the ones who licensed the Real Man Saddle for production in Germany?

« Reply #8113 on: 11 May, 2011, 12:28:29 am »
Making a gpx for the Denmead 400.
I need to start getting to bed a bit earlier for these early starts methinks!
I'm really glad now that I worked over all the bank holidays so I've got some time off this week and next, I certainly needed to recovery time!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #8114 on: 11 May, 2011, 02:12:37 pm »
Watching the Giro
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #8115 on: 11 May, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »
Watching the Giro

this home-working lark...
is a PITA
bloody marvellous

edit as appropriate ;)

Simonb

« Reply #8116 on: 11 May, 2011, 02:27:53 pm »

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #8117 on: 11 May, 2011, 02:38:04 pm »

Trying to bake a cake

« Reply #8118 on: 11 May, 2011, 02:44:16 pm »
Failing to find a free Eurosport feed of the Giro in English today. I could either subscribe the £3.99 for a month or learn Italian so I can understand the feed I'm currently watching  :D

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #8119 on: 11 May, 2011, 02:55:15 pm »
I reckon it's viewing that makes sound non-essential.I often have it on-screen without sound so that i can watch it & work atst.
Male multi-tasking is not a myth ;)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #8120 on: 11 May, 2011, 03:08:06 pm »
I've just murdered a Magnum 8)

« Reply #8121 on: 11 May, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »
I'm busy carrying out a Motherboard transplant operation.  Out with the P8SCT, and in with the S3210SHLX.  It's a shame that the Motherboard cabling, all the power LEDs, switches etc is different, otherwise it would almost be unplug cable, plug in cable, and done.

I also discovered that the power cabling already has an EPS12V as well as the used ATX12V, which I'd already bought another cable to implement!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8122 on: 11 May, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »
Fettling brackets.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #8123 on: 11 May, 2011, 06:12:50 pm »
Eating a very nice burger (with salad, potato wedges, and using a knife and fork an evryfink) while Bedfordshire hurtles past the window at 110mph.

East Midlands Trains have customer service (in the posh seats, anyway) down to a T.

(Edit: And free wi-fi too!)
Bemoaning the fact that I've had diarrheoa aka gut-rot ever since that "very nice burger". It might just be a coincidence.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #8124 on: 11 May, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »
I've just been reading up on Wimbledon Station Oyster card usage, since I'll have to make two, unusual for me, interchanges this evening, once from Underground to National Rail, and later on from National Rail to Tram.

I think I know which Oyster Validators to use now, but they don't make it simple!