Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2468205 times)

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #9200 on: 05 July, 2011, 11:21:55 am »
Going to finish my cup of coffee and then wander over to the station to buy some bits of orange cardboard.
And my lunch.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #9201 on: 05 July, 2011, 03:10:35 pm »
I'm trying to write an abstract for a paper.
I've never written a paper before (not on my own anyway).
I'm currently staring at a blank piece of paper.  :-\
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #9202 on: 05 July, 2011, 03:13:07 pm »
I'm currently staring at a blank piece of paper.  :-\
Now that is a good start.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #9203 on: 05 July, 2011, 03:53:04 pm »
Watching smalls playing with trampolines, paddling pools and supersoakers. Garden envy, I haz it :-(

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #9204 on: 05 July, 2011, 04:02:03 pm »
Just shutting down to bog off home  :thumbsup:;D while wondering what disasters await tonight/tomorrow :hand: :facepalm:

Thass what I'm doing. :smug:
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #9205 on: 05 July, 2011, 04:04:56 pm »
Transferring applications across to the new laptop and eagerly awaiting the 8GB RAM that should arrive tomorrow.
It is simpler than it looks.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #9206 on: 05 July, 2011, 04:23:23 pm »
I haz finished letting the BS flow and am about to email my abstract to my mentor for him to carefully shred into microscopic pieces.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #9207 on: 05 July, 2011, 04:27:20 pm »
Having the final coffee of the day (decaf) before heading off home for some hardcore bike fettling.

LindaG

« Reply #9208 on: 05 July, 2011, 04:31:44 pm »
Planning a romantic evening in with Crusty  :)

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #9209 on: 05 July, 2011, 05:00:44 pm »
I haz finished letting the BS flow and am about to email my abstract to my mentor for him to carefully shred into microscopic pieces.

Grumbling, because he did.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #9210 on: 05 July, 2011, 05:28:19 pm »
Trying to fit the contents of my  spare room / office into boxes so DIY Dad can make a start on the laminate flooring tommorrow.  I can haz shrinking ray please?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9211 on: 05 July, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »
Watching smalls playing with trampolines, paddling pools and supersoakers. Garden envy, I haz it :-(

It'd only end up with a severe case of Cyclist's Lawn, thobut...

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #9212 on: 05 July, 2011, 07:16:40 pm »
Struggling to make a decision:
Supper then pub?
Pub then Supper?
Supper AT Pub?

And an associated query:
Walk or Bike to Pub?
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #9213 on: 05 July, 2011, 07:22:38 pm »
I've just turned my Hard Disk into a Tunnocks Teacake.
It looks splendid.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #9214 on: 05 July, 2011, 08:04:28 pm »
Hunting around on the net to find a new mount for my TomTom car GPS.  I managed to trip over the insecurely fitted power cable on Sunday, wrenching the USB cable out of the back, and as it turns out, actually ripping the connector off of the PCB, in a rather irreparable fashion. :(

On the relatively plus side, whilst TomTom wanted £30 for a replacement, Asda.com has one for a smidgen just over £20 (including P&P), which isn't too bad.  Hopefully it'll come before the Dunwich Dynamo, since I'm not convinced I can drive to Dunwich without electronic aid!

It's amazing what you can find on the net when you need a spare summat, although I failed on Sunday, at my parents, when it turns out that Prestige don't seem to be able to supply spares for their Skyline Pressure Cookers any more.  To be fair, the design appears to be over fifty years old, so it's possible that it isn't considered safe by modern design standards!

Actually, it is rocket science.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #9215 on: 05 July, 2011, 08:18:00 pm »
Hunting around on the net to find a new mount for my TomTom car GPS.  I managed to trip over the insecurely fitted power cable on Sunday, wrenching the USB cable out of the back, and as it turns out, actually ripping the connector off of the PCB, in a rather irreparable fashion. :(

On the relatively plus side, whilst TomTom wanted £30 for a replacement, Asda.com has one for a smidgen just over £20 (including P&P), which isn't too bad.  Hopefully it'll come before the Dunwich Dynamo, since I'm not convinced I can drive to Dunwich without electronic aid!

Simples: you're easiest route to the A12 (perhaps via M25?), head east to Yoxford, turn right and follow the signs (you can use an old route sheet, too).  Very little navigating.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #9216 on: 05 July, 2011, 08:25:04 pm »
Simples: you're easiest route to the A12 (perhaps via M25?), head east to Yoxford, turn right and follow the signs (you can use an old route sheet, too).  Very little navigating.

Yep, it's probably not overly complex, although I'll be looking for a quick route, which doesn't involve the Dartford crossing (because (i) I'm stingy, and (ii) I can almost guarantee I won't have the correct change!).

The advantage of this GPS unit, is that it has a cellphone built into it, and it'll check the road status whilst I'm in motion, and actively update the route to avoid any problems.  This sort of feature tends to be very useful on roads like the M25!
Actually, it is rocket science.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #9217 on: 05 July, 2011, 08:42:33 pm »

Yep, it's probably not overly complex, although I'll be looking for a quick route, which doesn't involve the Dartford crossing (because (i) I'm stingy, and (ii) I can almost guarantee I won't have the correct change!).

1) best route to Blackwall Tunnel, which gets you to the start of the A12
2) South Circ, Woolwich Ferry, North Circ, A12

Other options are available.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #9218 on: 06 July, 2011, 01:53:57 am »
Lying in bed watching the Apprentice.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #9219 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:26:49 am »
sitting on the crapper, after sleeping crapply n a crap hotel which is a crappy 250 miles from home, going off to do a crap job today followed by a long crap drive. If things are realy crap then i may have to come back on friday , which will be utterly crap, and will mean missing   the Three Bridges on saturday. Crap!

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #9220 on: 06 July, 2011, 11:38:16 am »
Prepping for a funeral.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #9221 on: 06 July, 2011, 11:49:45 am »
Sucking an ice lolly to try and numb my tongue a bit....
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #9222 on: 06 July, 2011, 12:32:25 pm »
Contemplating how I am going to get a tent, 2 sleeping bags and associated gubbins onto my bike, along with a tagalong, ready for the test ride on Saturday....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

LindaG

« Reply #9223 on: 06 July, 2011, 12:36:42 pm »
Contemplating how I am going to get a tent, 2 sleeping bags and associated gubbins onto my bike, along with a tagalong, ready for the test ride on Saturday....

Crikey, tough question!  Can the gubbins go in a rucksack?  Tent and sleeping bags might go in panniers ...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9224 on: 06 July, 2011, 01:07:23 pm »
Will the tagalong take a rack?