Author Topic: Where to get stainless steel brake and gear cables now wilko only sell galvanise  (Read 3986 times)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
I buy cable by the metre, because 'sets' won't fit most of my bikes, and hadn't encountered this.

Where do you buy cable from on a roll nower?  Years ago used to buy brake cable by the meter for bonnet and boot release cable for cars from the local bike shop in kidderminster. Do you solder nipples on or use the bolt on ones. Brough back some memories.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I buy cable by the metre, because 'sets' won't fit most of my bikes, and hadn't encountered this.

Where do you buy cable from on a roll nower?  Years ago used to buy brake cable by the meter for bonnet and boot release cable for cars from the local bike shop in kidderminster. Do you solder nipples on or use the bolt on ones. Brough back some memories.

We were talking about outer.  Readily available in workshop rolls from the usual places.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star

We were talking about outer.  Readily available in workshop rolls from the usual places.

Ah that makes sense, sorry my misunderstanding and recollection of use of brake cable wire.