Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 06:58:18 pm »
Today I have been working with a client called Solape. I noticed a little too late that in one of my emails to her, I accidentally transposed the first two vowels in her name... You'll understand why this is a particular problem if you speak French. :facepalm:

I'm sure I'm not the first to do it but it is mortifying.
GPS / Re: OS maps enshitification?
« Last post by Horizon on Today at 06:51:20 pm »
I hadn't realised the augmented reality part had been removed - it's nice but not essential. It was the same in Viewranger - I used it a few times, but it wasn't compelling enough to go back to. At least my jumbled mess of an opening page says 'Good evening' this evening ... scroll to the right to tap 'activities', taps to 'record an activity', tap again to 'start recording' and we're away ... call me old fashioned, but I expect a map app to open on a map with a red button to start recording.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 06:48:04 pm »
Sound Of The Suburbs ~ The Members
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by delthebike on Today at 06:19:12 pm »
Sweet Sound of Heaven - The Rolling Stones
The Knowledge / Loose fitting Nylon Overshoes for MTB shoes
« Last post by Tea Man on Today at 06:02:16 pm »
My much liked Aldi nylon overshoes have finally worn out and I'm struggling to find a suitable replacement. Any ideas?
I already have tight fitting neoprene overshoes for the road bike but want a looser pair that are very quick to get on and off. I'm not bothered about warmth as such as these are simply to keep the worse of the rain out and sometimes mud. My neoprene ones are relatively tight over the MTB shoes (even in XL) and are not quick to get on and off.

I have come across these but they seem a bit pricey for what will get some fairly rough use off road etc but they will give you an idea on the sort of thing I'm after.
Thanks.

https://showerspass.co.uk/products/club-shoe-covers
Audax / Re: Easter Arrow 2024
« Last post by Tomsk on Today at 05:31:45 pm »
Bonne route et bon courage to all Arrowing tomorrow. Team ACME Dynamite Allsorts will see you in York, if not somewhere on the road, all being well!
Velo Fixe / Re: N+1 = Spa Audax Mono
« Last post by trundle on Today at 05:16:46 pm »
@Howdee

It's TD2 with a 42 tooth chainring at 110mm BCD.

I did try the the chainwheel on the inside. It improved the chainline, but it sounded horrible. Like it wanted to unship.

The chainwheel is back on the outside, which looks nicer and a liberal coat of wax lube makes it run silently.
I'm on the epilogue of Alistair moffats "to the island of tides

I have packed
"football against the enemy" and "the age of bede" for my holiday reading

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

Audax / Re: Hailsham Venta 300 & Hailsham Liss 200 June 1st 2024
« Last post by ABAudax on Today at 04:54:30 pm »
Just a reminder that these two calendar events will have a limited number of permitted entries.

The Hailsham Venta 300 is over half subscribed already.

Anton
Velo Fixe / Re: N+1 = Spa Audax Mono
« Last post by howdee on Today at 04:53:05 pm »
@trundle

What chainset are you running on your mono?

My mono came with Spa's RD2 which has the chainring bolted to the inner spider to achieve adequate chainline. Your chainring appears to be bolted to the outside of the spider so maybe it isn't an RD2.

I'd like to change my chainset because I can't get consistent chain tension, which I've isolated to the chainset not being symmetrical.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10