General Category > Rides and Touring

Aspirational meet 2021

(1/16) > >>

Canardly:
Can we set a provisional meet for a long camping week end meet next year, aspirational or otherwise? Something to look forward to. It would be rather nice for us to all get together once again suitably injected and in celebratory mood. (how are they going to deal with minus 80 deg C?)

Polar Bear:
Where do you fancy going?

I could see what we can book for Silverdale in May.  Lots of camping, cycling, walking and other touristy things such as Leighton Moss RSPB, gateway to The Lakes, etc.

Gibraltar Farm has a group field which could accommodate 30 tents quite easily but also open camping fields.  The facilities block is very good and there are even launderette facilities for the dirty beggars.  There is also a touring caravan / campervan area for those who love their tin boxes.

Depending upon numbers there is a nice Indian restaurant, a couple of pubs, a chippy (I believe though we've never used it) and a Coop. 

Cudzoziemiec:
Something aspirational is a good idea, more mentally than physically, ie perhaps not to sink resources into or to write into a calendar (I'm not getting a 2021 calendar, I'm skipping straight to 2022).

Butterfly:
YES!!!!

Please and thank you.

Polar Bear:
Is that a very timed and reserved yes in principle, to Gibraltar Farm or to everything?    🙂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version