Author Topic: AUK Buffs  (Read 1322 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
AUK Buffs
« on: 28 August, 2018, 10:33:21 pm »
Winters almost here so time to start riding in the Buff! :)

Only a few left and could be a while Sterling before makes its fabled post-Brexit recovery and we get some more.

See buffs.paudax.com for details.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Re: AUK Buffs
« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2018, 09:44:12 am »
Only a few left and could be a while Sterling before makes its fabled post-Brexit recovery and we get some more.

UK based manufacturers of similar garments are available; I used a different company for my hiking club's "NotBuffs" after working out the cost of a "Buff" at something ridiculous; was able to sell them at 6 quid to those who pre-ordered, then ramped the price up as they ran out.
Although the raw materials are probably traded in dollars so..

« Reply #2 on: 29 August, 2018, 10:28:08 am »
The similar garments are not as good- they don't last as well and the fabric is not as 'nice' - IME.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #3 on: 29 August, 2018, 10:49:20 am »
Hmm, I've sent you a PM, Paul.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #4 on: 29 August, 2018, 11:03:19 am »
The similar garments are not as good- they don't last as well and the fabric is not as 'nice' - IME.

That was my thought (and the samples I tried were all slightly smaller and rather tight...), but the eejit isn't wrong - I commissioned these when sterling was riding high.

But they do come on nice mounted cards emphasising that 'Who Dares Wins' look. #LastChanceToBuyYourChristmasPresentsInAugust

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #5 on: 29 August, 2018, 11:28:28 am »

It was Giraffe I used;
I've not really felt they're inferior in anyway other than their logo being a bit more intrusive than Buff's, but of course that's my opinion/experience of them, it did take various contacts and samples to find them.
I've also got some absolutely terrible freebies, and an MTB club Endura one that's a bit thicker material but seems to be lasting well.