Author Topic: Carols from Kings has just started.  (Read 1118 times)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
Carols from Kings has just started.
« on: 24 December, 2009, 03:06:29 pm »
Now it really feels like Christmas.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
Re: Carols from Kings has just started.
« Reply #1 on: 24 December, 2009, 03:10:13 pm »
Bah.  Now I look like the muppet for resurrecting last year's thread.
(Reduce, re-use, recycle....)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: 24 December, 2009, 03:16:04 pm »
Perhaps I am the muppet for not realising that I made almost exactly the same post this time last year. Me, predictable? No, surely not.  ;D

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3 on: 24 December, 2009, 04:33:16 pm »
Started :o
I have the tv programmed for a BBC 2 transmission at 1815 hrs.Which channel are you watching atm then?

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: 24 December, 2009, 04:35:35 pm »
Just this minute finished on radio 4. They always broadcast it live at 3pm, I don't enjoy it as much on the telly. You can probably listen again on the web if you want to. I love that fact that it has been broadcast every year since 1928 without even a break during the second world war.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #5 on: 24 December, 2009, 04:42:07 pm »
Started :o
I have the tv programmed for a BBC 2 transmission at 1815 hrs.Which channel are you watching atm then?
The televised service (about to be shown on BBC1) was pre-recorded some days ago.  It's specially choreographed for the TV, which has very different requirements regarding acoustics and visuals.  The 3pm Christmas Eve service has been broadcast live on the radio (Radio 4, and World Service) since 1928; it has been televised once or twice (I can't remember which years), but was a disaster - the cameras got in the way of the choir and congregation.  The Director of Music said "Never again", and that's the way it's been ever since.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip