Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3044040 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Wow!  I've just seen a forecast suggesting that temperatures may reach the heady heights of 0o during the day tomorrow.   :D  Perhaps I'll be able to ride to work not looking like a michelin man.

Oh, and I've just received notification of a £250 Winter Fuel Payment.  Much appreciated, those of you that are tax payers.  Thanks very much.   :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
All round to Basil's to huddle round his radiator! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

Basil

• Help me!

Come on Clarion, you really don't think I'm going to spend it on fuel, do you?  ;)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse

I'm fairly sure the Basil approach to heating involves a short ride to the Country Girl...

clarion

• Tyke
Not for one moment.

Besides, what's the point of heating your home when you spend most of your time in The Country Girl? ;)
Getting there...

Basil

• Help me!
In one!

Or in two as you both bull's eyed.  :D

clarion

• Tyke
Whereas you bleary-eyed ;D
Getting there...

Chris S

Although the bad news is, I've run out of plasters patching the pulpy mincemeat that used to be my hands, the good news is, we managed to get the old integral dishwasher out, ready for the new one being delivered this week.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Mrs Pingu is doing a happy dance 'cos I found her Jelly Belly buff, which has been missing for months, down the back of a radiator. At the time I was trying to retrieve her merino buff which had just fallen down the back of said radiator.

Basil

• Help me!
Buff-tastik.  :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I've discovered this thread   ::-)

clarion

• Tyke
Mrs Pingu is doing a happy dance 'cos I found her Jelly Belly buff, which has been missing for months, down the back of a radiator. At the time I was trying to retrieve her merino buff which had just fallen down the back of said radiator.

Could you have a look for my merino buff, please? :)
Getting there...

groucho

• Humph!!
The bath towel settled in a most random manner on the floor outside the shower this morning.
Faith, hope and gluttony.........

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
What the effing borrox is wrong with my boiler?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Pictures?

Hopefully, once I find my card reader to download the pics from my phone....

Best flag pictures of you going commando as NSFW. 

Earlier this evening, while enjoying a curry in one of Birmingham's finest Redeeming Features, the waitress walked past carrying a silver tray, on which was placed a glass of white wine and a 9" adjustable spanner.

Sadly I didn't see who ordered it.

They probably tried to order a Screwdriver

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Drain rodding.

Oh yes.  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their
« Reply #2593 on: 09 December, 2010, 09:35:42 am »
I noticed today that in at least one corridor we have transparent* waste water pipes running along the ceiling. Just water running while I was watching though.

When I was student, the pipework in the Chemistry building was like that.  It was essentially because normal plastic pipework wouldn't have stood up to the corrosive nature of some of the materials put down the drain, so it was made from glass or something similar which was proof against acids and alkalines etc.  I assume that system went via some other processing before it was dumped into the sewer!
Actually, it is rocket science.

"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

groucho

• Humph!!
The bath towel settled in a most elegant manner on the floor outside the shower this morning.
Faith, hope and gluttony.........

Chris S

Look East brought to my attention yesterday, the blatant profiteering going on by the heating oil suppliers. Weather turned chilly - and woops, prices up by 55% to 67p a litre. Gits  >:(.

That means it will cost me £1200 to fill my tank. F*ck that.

I've reprogrammed the CH, and will be calling on all my sources of free wood for the wood burners.

Anyone got any free wood they want rid of?

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Anyone got any free wood they want rid of?

Ron Jeremy?

Taxi!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Wood  :D *giggles*
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Ah well it's no-one's fault but my own.  If I will wander into a "Christmas Bazaar" the chances of hearing that song by Mr Holder and his friends are markedly increased.

Ah well, at least I got this far into December without hearing it.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου