Author Topic: Recorder?  (Read 7003 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Recorder?
« on: 27 November, 2018, 02:27:29 pm »

Is the recorder away on holiday or something. I sent a couple of emails last week, and  haven't seen any reply yet. Just wondering if my mails have gone missing somewhere...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Re: Recorder?
« Reply #1 on: 27 November, 2018, 04:01:18 pm »
I had the same thought. An email in October and again last week have gone unanswered.

« Reply #2 on: 27 November, 2018, 07:05:20 pm »
May be the recorder's busy, working ,paying his bills etc just a though  :demon:

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 27 November, 2018, 10:34:02 pm »
May be the recorder's busy, working ,paying his bills etc just a though  :demon:

That is a distinctly plausible possibility. Am just wondering how long I give it before checking my mail hasn't got lost somewhere.

J
--

« Reply #4 on: 27 November, 2018, 10:55:14 pm »
This ^^^
and a backlog due to a considerable increase in the volume of requests for overseas and non-member rides to be added , not to mention trying to make sure the first calendar event I'm organising is as good as it can be.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 27 November, 2018, 11:08:10 pm »
This ^^^
and a backlog due to a considerable increase in the volume of requests for overseas and non-member rides to be added , not to mention trying to make sure the first calendar event I'm organising is as good as it can be.

Cool, there's no rush. was mostly worried my email system was letting me down.

Thank you for the great work you do!

J
--

« Reply #6 on: 28 November, 2018, 11:40:10 am »
Was thinking the same thing.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 17 January, 2019, 09:46:40 pm »

Is the recorder ok? I emailed the recorder on 21st of December, and again on the 13th, about a Dutch BRM to add, and I've not had any reply and it's not showing on my record.

Just wondering if my mails are getting lost somewhere or not.

J
--

« Reply #8 on: 18 January, 2019, 08:54:39 am »
Neither of the two DIYs I’ve ridden since mid-December have been uploaded yet but IME it’s not unusual for that to happen at this time of year - the points table / ride record always catches up eventually.
Eddington Number = 132

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #9 on: 18 January, 2019, 10:35:06 am »
Neither of the two DIYs I’ve ridden since mid-December have been uploaded yet but IME it’s not unusual for that to happen at this time of year - the points table / ride record always catches up eventually.

DIYs appear to be a combination of your DIY organizer and the validator (JW?) doing them.

I submitted a award form late last year for Brevet 2000 and 300, and earlier this week for Brevet 4000; remembering what the recorder said here about having a backlog and an event to organizer my only concern was how to format the form with the Brevet 4000.

Although I am itching to move wishlist items on the badges and medals shop into the basket it's not exactly a big deal having to wait.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #10 on: 18 January, 2019, 10:37:31 am »
DIYs appear to be a combination of your DIY organizer and the validator (JW?) doing them.

I submitted a award form late last year for Brevet 2000 and 300, and earlier this week for Brevet 4000; remembering what the recorder said here about having a backlog and an event to organizer my only concern was how to format the form with the Brevet 4000.

Although I am itching to move wishlist items on the badges and medals shop into the basket it's not exactly a big deal having to wait.

Agreed. I'm in no rush, I'm mostly wondering if it's a case of busy recorder, which is fine, or my mail never actually arrived, got eaten by a spam filter, or something, and so I'm waiting for something that will never happen.

J
--

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:01:23 pm »

So after a month of no reply, I emailed from a different account (just in case it's an email gremlin). It's now over a week since I sent that email. Still I've had no reply, and events haven't appeared in my record.

Can anyone suggest what I should do in this situation? I now have 3 over seas BRM's to add to my record, as well as 2 medal claims that need processing.

Thanks

J
--

« Reply #12 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:15:28 pm »
For a separate approach, try the AUK forum where I believe he is known as AUK Recorder

« Reply #13 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:16:21 pm »
The recorder is very busy, in the last ten days he as had to cancel his events ,rearrange his events for last weekend deal with letting  his rider know...etc...
Then he as had to go and earn a living , plus he may even been out riding his bike,

Its your recording issue life or death? No.
May i suggest you just wait i am sure he will get to it when he as time. After all he is only a volunteer.

Hope this helps

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #14 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:20:05 pm »
The recorder is very busy, in the last ten days he as had to cancel his events ,rearrange his events for last weekend deal with letting  his rider know...etc...
Then he as had to go and earn a living , plus he may even been out riding his bike,

Its your recording issue life or death? No.
May i suggest you just wait i am sure he will get to it when he as time. After all he is only a volunteer.

Hope this helps

Of course. But if I'm sat here just waiting, for the recorder when in reality my emails have been eaten by a spam filter somewhere. How long do I give it?

I am ok waiting, I've already waited since December, but if my mail got filtered by a spam filter into a junk mailbox, they tend to get automatically cleaned after 30 days.

It's not life or death, I can continue to wait, I'm just wondering if it's an email issue or not.

J
--

« Reply #15 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:35:06 pm »
Patience is a virtual and virtuals are great and little boys like you  must learn to wait.  Well that is what I was told in the old days. Peter Lewis is very busy but I bet you've not thought to ring him and say 'Hello'

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:37:03 pm »
Patience is a virtual and virtuals are great and little boys like you  must learn to wait.  Well that is what I was told in the old days. Peter Lewis is very busy but I bet you've not thought to ring him and say 'Hello'

a) not a boy

b) not thought to call, as I wasn't aware numbers were published for such things, also I don't like phones so rarely think of phone as an option, esp not with international calls...

J
--

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #17 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:58:58 pm »
The website encourages email contact and doesn't list any phone numbers. Members shouldn't need to second guess alternative means of contact.

(It also doesn't say who the Recorder is, so while I'm sure the Awbridge events have been a factor, the OP can't be expected to know that.)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #18 on: 11 February, 2019, 04:01:16 pm »
Maybe we should put in a feature request for the new AUK website  ;D

Depending on the number of applications the recorder gets this may actually be worth pursuing. A form that let's you post an event you've ridden (date/name/homologation#, URL with proof) and a page that shows that your request is received and in the queue. As Julia said, email can not be relied upon for 100%

And once that is working AUK can sell it to LRM (I've given up on the ISR award by now)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #19 on: 11 February, 2019, 04:06:20 pm »
Maybe we should put in a feature request for the new AUK website  ;D

Depending on the number of applications the recorder gets this may actually be worth pursuing. A form that let's you post an event you've ridden (date/name/homologation#, URL with proof) and a page that shows that your request is received and in the queue. As Julia said, email can not be relied upon for 100%

That would actually be a really useful feature. Then someone could just look at it, click "Approve" and it might be easier on the volunteers involved.

And once that is working AUK can sell it to LRM (I've given up on the ISR award by now)

Oh that's useful to know. I'm specifically targeting ISR I've got 2 countries (DK200, NL300,). Am aiming for a Belgian 600 this year, and then just need to find a 400 or 300 (I'm hoping to have an NL400 as well this year), but that's probably going to have to be in 2020 now, but will likely be in .UK.

J
--

« Reply #20 on: 11 February, 2019, 04:27:58 pm »
Of course. But if I'm sat here just waiting, for the recorder when in reality my emails have been eaten by a spam filter somewhere. How long do I give it?

If you were to PM Somnolent on here he might be able to tell you how busy the Recorder is (as others have hinted, I think the answer is some value of 'very') and confirm which is the best official means of contacting him.

If you were to PM LittleWheelsandBig on here, he too might be able to tell you how busy the LRM ISR administrator is, and again confirm the best means of getting in touch.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #21 on: 11 February, 2019, 04:29:49 pm »

If you were to PM Somnolent on here he might be able to tell you how busy the Recorder is (as others have hinted, I think the answer is some value of 'very') and confirm which is the best official means of contacting him.

Is Somnolent the recorder?

If you were to PM LittleWheelsandBig on here, he too might be able to tell you how busy the LRM ISR administrator is, and again confirm the best means of getting in touch.

Is LittleWheelsandBig the recorder (or equivalent) for LRM?

J
--

« Reply #22 on: 11 February, 2019, 04:37:19 pm »

Yes. See his reply to you upthread.

His Calendar event was finally run last Saturday.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #23 on: 11 February, 2019, 04:39:03 pm »

Yes. See his reply to you upthread.

His Calendar event was finally run last Saturday.

I hadn't joined the dots on that one. Thank you!

J
--

« Reply #24 on: 11 February, 2019, 04:43:32 pm »

Is LittleWheelsandBig the recorder (or equivalent) for LRM?

A hint's as good as a stick for a blind horse, or whatever mixed metaphor you choose ...

Somnolent - yes, he's currently the Recorder
LWaB - I think he took on the ISR admin when it went back over to LRM, but I'm not certain that he's still doing it