Author Topic: Laura Trott (Kenny) and Jason Kenny onna tandem  (Read 4836 times)

Laura Trott (Kenny) and Jason Kenny onna tandem
« on: 12 November, 2016, 12:56:09 pm »
They are in a feature article in the Times magazine today (Saturday) posing on a tandem to promote their new book out shortly.

It's a pity she is shown, in both pictures, feet up on the crossbar rather than in a riding posture thereby promoting the "she's not pedaling on the back" image.  She is at least clothed, albeit showing lots of leg, unlike some recent images of athletes.

LMT

Re: Laura Trott (Kenny) and Jason Kenny onna tandem
« Reply #1 on: 12 November, 2016, 01:07:12 pm »
If not irony, then why so serious brao?

« Reply #2 on: 12 November, 2016, 03:10:11 pm »
Not irony.  I am reflecting the views of Mrs R, a keen stoker, who finds the images annoying.

The clothing comment I admit is a little tongue in cheek!

« Reply #3 on: 13 November, 2016, 08:23:19 pm »
It's a pity she is shown, in both pictures, feet up on the crossbar rather than in a riding posture thereby promoting the "she's not pedaling on the back" image. 

With the sort of high heels shoes and long dress she wears on the photo, I'm not sure she will be able to pedal anyway!

« Reply #4 on: 14 November, 2016, 09:49:38 am »
Mrs trekker (a cyclist, but we don't tandem) had similar views. Neither of us read the article as we were both put off by the picture, which doesn't help with the image of female athletes being on a level with men.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

« Reply #5 on: 14 November, 2016, 10:14:02 am »
Perhaps they missed an opportunity for ironic comment by reversing their roles/dress.

« Reply #6 on: 14 November, 2016, 11:31:08 am »
Mrs trekker (a cyclist, but we don't tandem) had similar views. Neither of us read the article as we were both put off by the picture, which doesn't help with the image of female athletes being on a level with men.

You didn't miss much.  Most interesting bit to me was the price of Victorian beckam dresses that she wore for the photo shoot. Could get a decent bike for that !  ;D
(even the dog leashes were designer)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #7 on: 30 April, 2017, 08:34:37 am »
They'll need a triplet in a few years.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...