Author Topic: Eurosport on line  (Read 4475 times)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
Eurosport on line
« on: 25 January, 2017, 01:13:52 pm »
We've just got rid of our Sky satellite account.  The only reason we had it was for Eurosport

Eurosport helpfully have a special offer at the moment to allow a year of access to their stuff online for 20 quid.  Our old Sky bill was more than that a month istr

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Eurosport on line
« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2017, 04:58:51 pm »
I cancelled on the basis they stopped supporting SmartTV apps, and only have a phone/web version now.... I was quite disappointed in their approach..
Regards,

Joergen

RibbleRouser

« Reply #2 on: 25 January, 2017, 05:05:26 pm »
That sounds like a good deal, I'm paying £2.99 a month for the Eurosport Player. Even when cycling isn't on  I've found that cross country skiing and biathlon is more entertaining and inspiring than the usual sports on offer on other channels. Plus a lot of cycling is often available live on the extra channels  when it's not on Eurosport 1 or 2, usually without commentary or adverts !

« Reply #3 on: 25 January, 2017, 07:14:56 pm »
That's very tempting.   Do they cover the Giro???

If it can be watched on phones, I should be able to tune in with the phone, and then cast it to the TV using Google Cast (or whatever the marketeers renamed it as recently).

Bryn

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4 on: 25 January, 2017, 08:43:26 pm »
I cancelled on the basis they stopped supporting SmartTV apps, and only have a phone/web version now.... I was quite disappointed in their approach..
That kept me away for a while, but in the end I got a Chromecast that does work with it. The Chromecast also works with BT Sport which is a bonus.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #5 on: 25 January, 2017, 08:44:51 pm »
Yep, I've got a Chromecast as well as a Kodi converted Kindle TV so plenty of options.
Regards,

Joergen

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #6 on: 25 January, 2017, 10:11:39 pm »
As an aside, it looks likely Eurosport will disappear from Sky next week.

It may just be a toys out of pram moment, but actually both sides are talking tough.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #7 on: 26 January, 2017, 03:10:38 pm »
Subscribed :) Thanks for the heads-up.

Bryn

« Reply #8 on: 26 January, 2017, 03:18:43 pm »
As an aside, it looks likely Eurosport will disappear from Sky next week.

And from 2018 you will be able to get Sky via broadband if you can't install a dish, assuming your connection is fast enough of course. The end of the dish perhaps?
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #9 on: 26 January, 2017, 05:42:10 pm »
one of the few downsides of living in the countryside is internet access only slightly faster than dial up.  its the skydush or itv!

« Reply #10 on: 27 January, 2017, 09:22:45 am »
Vorsprung, top 'heads-up'  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: subscribed yesterday just to be able to watch The Classics and not wait to hear what happened from others.

« Reply #11 on: 27 January, 2017, 09:53:27 am »
Another thanks for the headsup, subscribed. Lost Eurosport when negotating a deal with Virgin to cut ever-spiralling charges, but did gain inclusive overseas calls.

And I can connect my laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable, just a shame it's not HD!

« Reply #12 on: 27 January, 2017, 10:05:35 am »
Another subscriber here as well  :thumbsup:.
In recent years I've signed up for a few months to watch the Classics. With this deal it's not much more expensive to get 12 months viewing and it means that I'll be able to watch the skiing before the BBC wakes up.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #13 on: 27 January, 2017, 10:30:39 am »
Another subscriber here as well  :thumbsup:.
In recent years I've signed up for a few months to watch the Classics. With this deal it's not much more expensive to get 12 months viewing and it means that I'll be able to watch the skiing before the BBC wakes up.

Being able to watch the Biathlon World Cup and the Four Hills over New Year was definitely appreciated by my parents when they came to visit :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #14 on: 30 January, 2017, 02:19:32 pm »
That sounds like a good deal, I'm paying £2.99 a month for the Eurosport Player. Even when cycling isn't on  I've found that cross country skiing and biathlon is more entertaining and inspiring than the usual sports on offer on other channels. Plus a lot of cycling is often available live on the extra channels  when it's not on Eurosport 1 or 2, usually without commentary or adverts !

Interestingly it would appear that the monthly subscription is no longer available - it's £5.99 for a day pass, or (on offer down from £59.99) £19.99 a year.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

RibbleRouser

« Reply #15 on: 13 February, 2017, 10:52:44 pm »

Interestingly it would appear that the monthly subscription is no longer available - it's £5.99 for a day pass, or (on offer down from £59.99) £19.99 a year.
Yes, I guess I'm best sticking with what I've got, if I cancel and pay £19.99 for the rest of the year I will then have to pay £59.99 on New Years Day.
Mind you I pay by direct debit so haven't missed a payment, even when I was in Portugal for a month, where I found I could watch Portuguese Eurosport on the Player.

« Reply #16 on: 27 February, 2017, 03:50:37 pm »
Absolutely loving Eurosport player on my amazon firestick! So easy to watch Abu Dhabi and the Belgian classics last weekend. The £20 price is a steal. Hopefully they will increase the women coverage too as the women’s race was put online by Lotto Soudal women team for free and it was great!

« Reply #17 on: 04 March, 2017, 11:13:25 pm »
As well as ES1 & ES2, there are a variable number extra streams available, one of which was the last hour of today's Women's Strade Bianche, conveniently finishing shortly before the start of the men's coverage.

Incidentally, if you missed the £20 offer, the 2017 pass is now priced at £30 until the end of April

« Reply #18 on: 05 March, 2017, 12:38:29 pm »
....and Paris-Nice starting today.

Bryn