Author Topic: Reinflytting – minutt for minutt  (Read 1261 times)

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
Reinflytting – minutt for minutt
« on: 27 April, 2017, 11:14:08 am »
https://www.nrk.no/rein/?

Continuous coverage of a herd of reindeer migrating flitting north. Several times a day I find myself checking in to see what is going on. Pot luck as to whether anything is happening, whether the animals are walking, grazing or sleeping, or whether there happens to be a stunning landscape, or whether there's music, ambient sound, or an interview. They are not a million miles from where I (and mmmmmmmartin a bit later) cycled last year, and will at some point have to cross the E6 where I was attacked by a dog.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
Re: Reinflytting – minutt for minutt
« Reply #1 on: 03 May, 2017, 07:05:07 am »
Live streaming was suspended on Monday because of bad weather and the possibility that other herds in the area might be spooked by the TV crew (and its drones etc).

It's due to restart today [edit: just restarted] . The herd has just about run out of mainland and today the reindeer are due to swim across Kvalsundet to the island of Kvaloya.

« Reply #2 on: 03 May, 2017, 07:12:33 am »
Apparently they have decided to get the ferry instead.  Well a barge actually.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #3 on: 03 May, 2017, 07:25:43 am »
The herd crossing the E6 (Wikipedia; "the main north-south road through Norway")

and what the same stretch of road looked like when I cycled along it at the end of June last year