Author Topic: recommended replacement for borked Garmin Legend HCx  (Read 1172 times)

chillmoister

• King of Compton
recommended replacement for borked Garmin Legend HCx
« on: 02 May, 2017, 04:44:10 pm »
Hi Folks ...my trusty HCX has seemingly bitten the dust following the very wet running of the Porkers 400 over the weekend.  Even though the condensation visible under the screen has gone the unit will only power up occasionaly and all buttons except for the power and joystick have stopped working.  I have phones Garmin and the HCX is nolonger supported for repair but they will off a 25% reduction of a new unit on a 'return and upgrade'.  So what do the good folks of this parish recommend?  An Etrex 30X (buttons that can be operated with gloves on, but getting a bit old now) ...a Etrex 35 (does the touch screen work ok in the wet, but only without gloves?)  or seomething else completely different ..maybe in the Edge range (can I be bothered with charging packs etc).   Your thoughts please  :thumbsup:
appearing in a tea room near you

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: recommended replacement for borked Garmin Legend HCx
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2017, 05:01:11 pm »
HK prefers the Etrex 30x to the Etrex 35 for a few reasons (I'll let her explain) but she has settled on the Edge 1000 with external battery solution. She didn't get on with her Edge 810. Her Etrex Vista HCx is on long-term loan to a friend and still doing its thing reliably.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...