Author Topic: 10sp Ergo Gurus  (Read 969 times)

10sp Ergo Gurus
« on: 07 May, 2017, 11:56:36 am »
I have two 10 speed RH shifters which need rebuilds and would like to know what parts I'll likely need before I strip them down (and spend an age on my hands n knees looking for all the pingfukkits).

One is Veloce and clunks up and down one gear at a time (which makes it a Powershift?) No idea of the year as i bought it off here but it's the V2 shape with a hole in the gear-paddle. However when I get down to the 5th smallest sprocket and thumbshift, the chain will jump down to the 12 sprocket in one go, and then I have to paddle change back to the gear I want. No biggie really, but I'd rather have it working as it should.

The other is yr 2000 Record (not QS) and has gone utterly butterly. Basically it still works fine, but the shift has lost its crispness and feels 'soft'. It's 17 flippin years old so has done me well.

So, I'm guessing G-springs and G-spring holders for both levers, but does it sound like anything else is borked in the Veloce?
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: 10sp Ergo Gurus
« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2017, 02:41:44 pm »
The Record will just need G-springs if you're lucky, but yes have a holder standing by as well.

I don't think the uniclicker Veloce even has G-springs at all (making it more reliable in theory).  Sorry I don't know what it needs.

See www.campagnolo.com/UK/en/Support/download?td=3 for diagrams and part numbers.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Re: 10sp Ergo Gurus
« Reply #2 on: 07 May, 2017, 08:12:45 pm »
Ta Biggsy. It feels like some part of the ratchet gubbins in the Veloce is sheared or toasted in some other way, and i wonder if this is a common failure. Obviously the sure-fire way of finding out is by actually taking the thing to bits and having a look-see, but that means having the bike off the road for longer than i wanted. Perversely i like riding my 'cross-based, steel-framed frankenbike on whose handlebars the Veloce lever sits, more than my lightweight carbon thingy. Must be an age thing.....

I'm aware that the G-springs and carriers are prone to fail eventually so rebuilding the Record should be pretty straigtforward <fingers-crossed emoticon>
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly