Author Topic: London Ditchling Devil 200km, Sunday June 4  (Read 3073 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
London Ditchling Devil 200km, Sunday June 4
« on: 09 May, 2017, 12:05:16 am »
Heads Up Londoners, it's almost time for the 7th* edition of ...

The Ditchling Devil is supported by voluntary groups at Highbrook Village Hall and Chiddingfold, and Brighton Excelsior Cycling Club in Upper Beeding, providing the control points and refreshments included in the entry fee, and as this is an Audax we are talking real food: bacon rolls, pasta and lashings of tea and cake! Event veterans will know what to expect!

*It appears I cannot addup or rather I cannot subtract...

Re: London Ditchling Devil 200km, Sunday June 4
« Reply #1 on: 09 May, 2017, 10:11:45 am »
I am in! (I think! -defo in) Looking forward to doing a non-perm version!
My 1st audax that I will ride to the start!  :o ;D

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2 on: 09 May, 2017, 10:23:50 am »
It's a cracking ride. My first Audax and my only 200, great route, great refreshements, great day out!

« Reply #3 on: 09 May, 2017, 10:26:54 am »
Clashes with A Pair Of Kirtons so I'm out this year, but Bon Route to all you lucky Devils
Eddington Number = 132

« Reply #4 on: 09 May, 2017, 10:34:12 am »
Sadly I'm at a family thing.

Audax free year for me this year...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #5 on: 09 May, 2017, 11:45:04 am »
Highly recommended. This was my first ever Audax back in the heady days of 2014, when I was young and restless and ready to cycle the world. It's still a high water mark in terms of route, organization and food!

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #6 on: 15 May, 2017, 12:22:46 pm »
Signed up but won't be making it. Too unfit! One step worse than last year when I DNFed after 150km. :(

Considering that, do you need any help at the start/finish? I am local and happy to help rather than ride.

« Reply #7 on: 16 May, 2017, 11:01:28 am »
Decisions, decisions. A 200 starting 5k from home with all the food I could want, or my first 600, X-rated, and at the other end of the country.
The step into the unknown will have to wait for another day.

See you at the windmill for my third time on this great ride.

« Reply #8 on: 16 May, 2017, 01:12:31 pm »
You'll be doing the 600 as a perm then  ;)
Eddington Number = 132

Manotea

« Reply #9 on: 16 May, 2017, 07:45:16 pm »
Signed up but won't be making it. Too unfit! One step worse than last year when I DNFed after 150km. :(

Considering that, do you need any help at the start/finish? I am local and happy to help rather than ride.

Hi Menthel, I would be very pleased to have your help in the morning, as things get a bit hectic first thing! More soon! :)

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #10 on: 16 May, 2017, 08:33:49 pm »
i'll be away somewhere in the alps at that time, unfortunately ;)

menthel

« Reply #11 on: 17 May, 2017, 10:56:23 am »

Hi Menthel, I would be very pleased to have your help in the morning, as things get a bit hectic first thing! More soon! :)

Cool, happy to lend a hand!

Manotea

« Reply #12 on: 17 May, 2017, 11:49:19 am »

Excellent! I'll be getting in touch with other "registration regulars"shortly :)

Aside from the start it would be great to have another helper or two at the first control, Highbrook nr Ardingly, to guide riders arriving where to park their bikes, etc. If you fancy a mornings ride over to hang out with the event for a couple of hours we'd be pleased to see and feed you!

« Reply #13 on: 17 May, 2017, 05:16:19 pm »
Heads Up Londoners, it's almost time for the 7th* edition of ...

I expect entries will again be in the SPORTIVE range of 300 -500 again.

Manotea

« Reply #14 on: 18 May, 2017, 12:25:16 pm »
You can be sure that when they finish they will all be Randonneurs! :)

menthel

« Reply #15 on: 18 May, 2017, 01:08:53 pm »

Excellent! I'll be getting in touch with other "registration regulars"shortly :)

Aside from the start it would be great to have another helper or two at the first control, Highbrook nr Ardingly, to guide riders arriving where to park their bikes, etc. If you fancy a mornings ride over to hang out with the event for a couple of hours we'd be pleased to see and feed you!

Helping in Wimbledon is probably best for me if that is ok. I can also be around at the end if necessary!