Author Topic: Parcel tracker  (Read 2570 times)

Parcel tracker
« on: 16 May, 2017, 02:34:57 pm »
From La Poste's tracking website:

"Your parcel has been posted in a postal location"

Well that's good then, I'm glad it wasn't posted in a non postal location like say a bin or a river.
I suspect that the French->English translation on their website is not entirely accurate ....
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Parcel tracker
« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2017, 09:35:29 pm »
Reminds me of a time when I sent some brake discs and caliper rebuild kits (including pistons) to my friend in the Limousin. According to La Poste they had been left in the letter box. Given the parcel was 45x45x30 and weighed around 10 kilos, I seriously doubted that.

Luckily the online tracking service live help got the gist and the parcel was found PDQ. It was actually delivered 48 hours later . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2017, 07:27:16 am »
From La Poste's tracking website:

"Your parcel has been posted in a postal location"

Well that's good then, I'm glad it wasn't posted in a non postal location like say a bin or a river.
I suspect that the French->English translation on their website is not entirely accurate ....

"Votre colis a été déposé dans un point postal."

Using their on line service you have the option of getting the parcel picked up from your mailbox (every one has a mail box and the postman has a universal key, your key only works on your box, his works on them all.) or taking it to the post office.  In your case I believe it means it was taken to a post office.
Move Faster and Bake Things

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2017, 10:01:12 pm »
I had a bench delivered last year.  The driver was concerned he wouldn't be able to get it off the lorry because the sticker said it was 500kg.

I convinced him that they probably meant 50kg and we unloaded it.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

rogerzilla

« Reply #4 on: 22 May, 2017, 09:18:05 pm »
I ordered two sets of M540 pedals from the Bay of Thieves for £27 each, whicvh was a bargain (M540 are sooo much better than M520 despite looking similar).

First set left behind back gate by Hermes, on a very wet day.  Box a bit soggy but OK.

Contacted seller to ask where second set are.  Oh dear, she says, I forgot to send them and I'll do it tomorrow.

No sign of them ten days on so I contact the seller.  But they were delivered and signed for on Monday 15th, she says, and provides a screenshot of the Hermes tracking page.

No idea who signed for them or what address they ended up at, but I've had no card and they're not here.  I asked her to get a copy of the signature, which will no doubt be the driver's. Hermes is a classic example of the economic race to the bottom - you pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

« Reply #5 on: 23 May, 2017, 06:30:49 am »
Bay of thieves is right.  I bought something off a seller that had undisclosed damage.  Nothing in the desc. and his photos very carefully omitted any view showing the damage so I rejected the item and sent it back with his consent (altho' he wouldn't provide the label).  Now he is claiming the item cost off the carrier saying they damaged it.  No way they could have and I have pics of the packaging to prove it. (He asked if I could provide 'useful pictures of the packaging' to be sent outside ebay to his email address.)  Ebay are "examining all the documents" and will give their decision by the 29th.  The seller is outraged I raised a case against him but is quite happy to con the carrier.  I'll never pay on ebay except through Paypal.
Move Faster and Bake Things

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 23 May, 2017, 04:54:11 pm »
I ordered two sets of M540 pedals from the Bay of Thieves for £27 each, whicvh was a bargain (M540 are sooo much better than M520 despite looking similar).

Define 'better'.  Do they take longer to develop a click?

rogerzilla

« Reply #7 on: 23 May, 2017, 07:37:42 pm »
Yes, M520 bearings develop play after less than a year's frequent use but I've never touched the M540s in my commuting bike since I fitted them in, oh, 2008.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8 on: 23 May, 2017, 08:29:36 pm »
It's not the bearings that are the failure point, though.  The clip mechanism of an M520 becomes intolerably clicky within a few thousand miles, long before bearing wear becomes a problem.