Author Topic: RIP Vin Garbutt  (Read 1172 times)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
RIP Vin Garbutt
« on: 07 June, 2017, 10:28:20 am »
Local legend gone.
Milk please, no sugar.

Re: RIP Vin Garbutt
« Reply #1 on: 07 June, 2017, 10:31:41 am »
Oh dear.  That is very sad, indeed.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2 on: 07 June, 2017, 10:58:42 am »
This is really sad news...  :'(
Regards,

Joergen

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #3 on: 08 June, 2017, 08:49:10 am »
Sad news. At one stage it looked as though he was destined to become a kind of north-eastern Mike Harding but I think as he matured the music took over from the comedy and he became a much more interesting artist as a result. he took a lot of stick for his Little Innocents album (on which he declared himself opposed to abortion) but I don't think the 'folk' scene ever lost its affection for him.  I remember sitting in a bar session during one of the Bromyard festivals with a small group of local players. Vin wandered in, waited until they had finished a tune and then, pulled out his flageolet (sp?) and  politely asked if he could join them. He was still there, playing along, when I left, several beers later.

I guess, as with pop, we're going to be losing a lot of key figures from the late 60s to early 80s folk circuit in the next few years  :'(   Last night I dreamt that I was hearing an obituary for Richard Thompson on the radio and, in  my dream, thinking that I wish I'd gone to see him one more time.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2017, 05:35:11 pm »
Arsebollocks. Met him several times--lovely man, great musician. National news coverage of the loss of such a superb human being? Not that I noticed. BBC article on Shag Island? Yup.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i