Author Topic: Humber Bridge 200 23rd Sept  (Read 4297 times)

Re: Humber Bridge 200 23rd Sept
« Reply #25 on: 25 September, 2017, 06:15:05 pm »
Thanks Graeme  for a great and well organised day out,  and a lovely route over the Wolds, I got to speak to some lovely people who offered to help me with punctures. I could not believe over a year without a single puncture and then 3 in one day. How unlucky is that. I also got to travel over the Humber Bridge in the dark, its a lovely sight all lit up and seeing it on the way in was a welcome sight after a long day in the saddle. I am getting hooked on 200km rides. Thanks again Graeme for providing a great route, good food and a welcome cup of coffee.

« Reply #26 on: 25 September, 2017, 08:32:01 pm »
I certainly picked a good one for my Audax initiation, my initial apprehension was soon put to rest by Graeme with his welcome and patient explanation of the basics and the friendliness of the other riders.

A lovely ride of two halves with the early autumn views of the Wolds, an industrial diversion and then the big open skies (and wind) of the Marshlands. Thanks to all who gave their advice so freely and Paul and Mike for riding the flat bit into the wind with me, and to Graeme for putting together a cracking day out, think I'll be back for more..

A few pics:

Graeme start by Al, on Flickr

Sun comes out by Al, on Flickr

Thixendale control by Al, on Flickr

Thixendale by Al, on Flickr

Sherriff's coffee break by Al, on Flickr

Over the hump by Al, on Flickr

Diversion by Al, on Flickr

Walk this way by Al, on Flickr

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #27 on: 25 September, 2017, 09:51:38 pm »
Nobody is vomiting in these photos.

You're all weird.
Milk please, no sugar.

TJG

« Reply #28 on: 26 September, 2017, 01:54:27 pm »
That was a thoroughly enjoyable day.  Many thanks to Graeme for a pleasant route with good clear instructions and a well organised day in all. Please pass on my thanks to your helpers from the church as well, I hope we did not make too much mess.

It was lovely to meet a few of you from here. Everyone I spoke to was friendly. I wish I had started riding audaxes years ago.

« Reply #29 on: 28 September, 2017, 10:27:36 pm »
Not your average start/finish...

(me at the start - photo credit to Ulrich, the world's only German Geordie)

« Reply #30 on: 29 September, 2017, 12:07:21 pm »
That's a lovely picture and should be in Caption It!

Audax?  Load of bananas.

Welton's Harvest Festival rescues audaxers.

Dean struggles to read routesheet through stained glasses (don't ask).

That seems to have been a superb event.

Peter

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 01 October, 2017, 10:35:35 pm »
I was fortunate to have a professional photographer at the start capturing some of the essence of the depart. Here are links to the flickr page to my blog. Thank you once again for taking part. God bless you. Graeme.