Author Topic: ACME SR Medal Ceremony Saturday 11th November 2017  (Read 11088 times)

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Re: ACME SR Medal Ceremony Saturday 11th November 2017
« Reply #75 on: 11 November, 2017, 06:46:07 pm »
Me neither — in the end rehanging radiators and fitting new (ceiling) lights trumped the fun stuff.

Have a good evening everyone!  :thumbsup:
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #76 on: 12 November, 2017, 03:42:33 am »
Got home ok. I think that was my third Compasses visit, and my first Essex SR Awards evening. Does Tom always pass the bags around for people to help themselves, or was it just that it started late, and he had a long list (although not everyone could make it).

It was good to see familiar, and new, faces. You lot are a real Audax family. I'll have to sign up for another five years!
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #77 on: 12 November, 2017, 09:01:30 am »
Does Tom always pass the bags around for people to help themselves, or was it just that it started late, and he had a long list (although not everyone could make it).

In the past he has shaken hands one by one, but with all that heavy metal being given out (3 x B25,000 awards!) perhaps they seemed like crisps from a packet this year. Which leads me to wonder, what flavour would Essex SR crisps be?

It was a great night, though not having Carl and Raymond meant some of the high achieving siblings were missing, which was a shame. Hermann was a highlight, made it all feel like it had all come from somewhere - and his story means that Green and Yellow must be one of the first and longest running 400s in the uK? Or close to.

Nice that some partners came out too and one at least enjoyed herself a lot. Not enough to want to ride of course.

Thanks Tom&Sons for a nice night.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #78 on: 12 November, 2017, 11:59:25 am »
T'was a great night... I screwed up my timing for arrival, so had been there since 16:00  :facepalm: fortunately my beer pacing was a bit better than my road pacing!

A cracking night, great to see everyone - Herman certainly was a star (we also had an interesting conversation about Grayson Perry's house as well)

Regards,

Joergen

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #79 on: 12 November, 2017, 03:01:19 pm »
Looks a great evening. 2018 ambition to be there to collect and Essex SR☺ :thumbsup:

« Reply #80 on: 12 November, 2017, 03:45:21 pm »
Looks like it was an entertaining evening. Apart from the long list of SR achievers, is there a list somewhere of who won what?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #81 on: 12 November, 2017, 06:40:22 pm »
Looks like it was an entertaining evening. Apart from the long list of SR achievers, is there a list somewhere of who won what?

Yes, that will be on the website  ;)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #82 on: 12 November, 2017, 07:59:45 pm »
Perhaps we should have a word with the site admin to get it added
Regards,

Joergen