Author Topic: Has anyone ridden Fluke Hall-Cocker's Dyke Houses-Pilling Lane ?  (Read 2156 times)

As the title.
If so, what's it like please ?
The reason for asking is that the FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool might* go that way.
I'm going to do some recces but, living some distance from Knott End, I'll use the roads if someone with local knowledge rules this route out.
Memory Map (remember that ?  ;)) suggests a bridleway but it may not go the whole way past Fluke Hall.
Google Maps suggests something similar.

* Depends if the tides allow the Knott End-Fleetwood ferry to run at a suitable time.

Re: Has anyone ridden Fluke Hall-Cocker's Dyke Houses-Pilling Lane ?
« Reply #1 on: 28 March, 2018, 06:07:06 am »
This guy did on Monday.  You could try asking him in the comments section on his ride.

« Reply #2 on: 28 March, 2018, 09:18:49 am »
Have you got a date in mind?
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #3 on: 29 March, 2018, 01:32:33 am »
This guy did on Monday.  You could try asking him in the comments section on his ride.

Thanks for that JonBuoy, I shall.

Have you got a date in mind?

The "official" ride is Friday, 1st June. See here:- https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/2018-rides

I'll be doing some recce rides between now and then.

AIUI, there is still some doubt over the funding for the Knott End-Fleetwood ferry so this may not be possible.
Even if the funding comes through, the ferry still needs the tides to play nicely.

If funding/tides mitigate against what I'd really like to do, we're still going to Blackpool and we'll be using most of the good* bits of previous Manchester-Morecambe FNRttCs.

Hope you can make it yoav, it'll be great to see you again.

* Anecdata suggests that most riders like the (up)hills. I 'kin hate them but I enjoy the descents.

« Reply #4 on: 20 April, 2018, 07:32:01 pm »
We rode this yesterday.
Apart from a couple of Garmin "U turn now" suggestions, it was great.
Riding through that area in the sun reminded me of last year's ride from Narbonne to Gruissan: sun, gravel, water, marshes but, sadly, no water buffalo.
We also took the ferry from Knott End to Fleetwood and then rode along (most) of the prom. to Blackpool.
Getting home on the train from there is a story for another time ...........

Sadly, the tides aren't playing ball on the FNRttC date so the ferry will have to wait until next year.

Thanks for the input  :).

ETA:- Here's the route that we took:- https://www.strava.com/activities/1519070929