Author Topic: eMusic Subscription  (Read 714 times)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
eMusic Subscription
« on: 13 May, 2010, 10:23:38 pm »
In early Feb I used a free-trial offer to download a few tunes from eMusic. To use the free trial I had to enter my credit card details. I wasn't impressed with the choice of music so I downloaded the freebies and cancelled my membership. Today I've just noticed that they've taken two payments of £10 from my credit card. >:(

My recollection is that I couldn't find a way of cancelling on-line and that I did it by phone. In the website now there's no phone number and an online form for cancelling. Does anyone here know if they changed their website recently? I'm 90% certain I cancelled but I'd like to be sure before I go to war.

World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: eMusic Subscription
« Reply #1 on: 13 May, 2010, 10:37:22 pm »
Something similar happened to me (ages ago).  I think I exceeded the allowable number of credits for the free trial.

From the Ts & Cs:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL ANY TRIAL PERIOD (DESCRIBED AT 6.5 BELOW) WHICH APPLIES, THEN ON EXPIRY OF IT OR ALTERNATIVELY IF YOU EXCEED THE ALLOWABLE NUMBER OF CREDITS DURING YOUR TRIAL PERIOD YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY SUBSCRIBED TO EMUSIC. All subscriptions require a commitment for a minimum period(s) of time ("Service Level Period") and, consequently, cannot be cancelled until the end of the Service Level Period"
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #2 on: 13 May, 2010, 10:45:27 pm »
If you weren't impressed with the choice of music I can only assume you didn't look very hard. I've been subscribing for a couple of years now and I think it's brilliant.

I've never tried to cancel so I don't know if the method has changed recently. I couldn't find a phone number either but the online form looks pretty straightforward.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2010, 02:57:02 pm »
Music I'm looking for on eMusic seems to fall into one of these categories -

1. Very successful bands, e.g. Pink Floyd or any major rock act. Not for sale on eMusic but they do have dozens of cover albums by tribute acts. Why anyone would want to download music from a tribute band is beyond me. ???

2. Fairly obscure indie bands. Don't have the bands I'm looking for at all.

3. Moderately successful bands - have one or two albums, but only their very worst stuff, i.e. dodgy live albums, very early or very late career work and crap re-mixes

I spent an hour last night trying to find something to spend my 24 unwanted credits on. Gave up.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #4 on: 14 May, 2010, 03:04:52 pm »
Blimey. I've got about 80 albums in my save for later folder, and I keep finding new stuff to add to it - mostly from people I've never heard of before. The only problem I have is finding time to listen to the 75 a month that I get from there (and all the other downloads, cds, etc. that I buy).

I don't think I've ever spotted a tribute band on there - I'll have to have a look.  :)
There's no vibrations, but wait.