Author Topic: Video for bike use  (Read 720 times)

Video for bike use
« on: 22 May, 2010, 05:48:22 pm »
I popped into the technical support section on Friday and spoke to the boss about secret squirrel techie stuff for use on my bike.  He showed me a catalogue he had just got and it has a video that appears smaller than many Cateye type lights.
It has a li-on battery incorporated into the waterproof case and it records on SD card.  It will run for 4 hours with a 2 GB card.  It also has a small LCD screen so you can see where you have it pointed or to watch it play back.
It is Sony HD quality.

The company are forwarding it for us to 'trial'.

What have other forumites got and how much did it cost please?

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Video for bike use
« Reply #1 on: 22 May, 2010, 05:53:53 pm »
Well, I've just taken delivery of a load of jealousy ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #2 on: 22 May, 2010, 06:14:43 pm »
We talked about some of the 'kit' they can make and it basically ended up in a load of products all cobbled together that was going to be wire-untidy and not waterproof and not cost effective and without the LCD screen.  It makes the product at the price we can get it rather inviting.

If it is truly waterproof, I may even try and film some of the swimming squad and their stroke technique from below. ; :thumbsup:

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #3 on: 22 May, 2010, 06:56:11 pm »
I have an MD80 clone. See my posting in ' On the road' for example.  Cost me £12.....and it shows. 

My biggest frustration is the dreadful battery life.  Unless I top it up during the day, which isn't easy given that the only supplied charger is USB,  it won't even see me through A 35 minute each way commute.

« Reply #4 on: 22 May, 2010, 07:10:21 pm »
I have a GoPro and am well pleased with it.

Problem I have, is Young Master Blade, who keeps 'borrowing' it to use on his motorbike.
I don't want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow old disgracefully.