Author Topic: EasyJet legal obligations  (Read 985 times)

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
EasyJet legal obligations
« on: 30 May, 2010, 08:48:38 pm »
My wife got stuck on the way back from Australia due to ash for 4 days.

Minutes ago she has been told that her flight home from Munich tonight, after a family 70th party, has been cancelled.

easyjet - have told her to rebook - but to fly tomorrow will cost £200 if I make a booking now - and I suspect that they would then refund tonights flight - about £70 I think.

Isnt there a contract in place and Easyjet have an obligation to fly her back to Stansted?
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

Chris S

Re: EasyJet legal obligations
« Reply #1 on: 30 May, 2010, 08:50:12 pm »
What does it say on the Ts & Cs of her original ticket? That's the contract she has with Easyjet, surely?

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #3 on: 30 May, 2010, 09:26:52 pm »
Eu rules on air travel might be helpful

I'm having a print copy with me when I fly in europe, the airlines suddenly gets very helpful when I show them their obligations on print.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #4 on: 30 May, 2010, 09:33:17 pm »
Thx all - making some progress - 500 passengers stuck on easyjet flights at Munich tonight. Being moved to hotels. I have been able to rebook her - at no charge for Tuesday. Think EJ have to pay for 2 nights hotel + reasonable food costs.

Mrs FB - is spitting tintacks - and I am afraid, that I made an ironic laughing noise when I learnt of this latest flight disaster- which went down a bomb !!
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!