Author Topic: French Hotel room prices  (Read 1193 times)

French Hotel room prices
« on: 19 August, 2008, 11:13:53 pm »
Does anyone have any experience of tarifs in French Hotels?

For example I cant work out if the price shown in the link below is for the room or for each person staying in the room or for the room itself. There will be two adults and two kids.
http://www.relais-routiers.com/htm/relais.asp?NRELAIS=SEPT%2030531

Any info appreciated, basically I'm trying to avoid staying in the Formula1 type places on the  way down south next week.
Cheers
AF

Re: French Hotel room prices
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2008, 11:41:53 pm »
Then head for the IBIS or Camponile type places instead.  Maybe look for a Mercure ?

« Reply #2 on: 20 August, 2008, 08:51:55 am »
Prices are not very clear. However it's a truckers restaurant so the prices, half board BTW, are probably for a single person.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

« Reply #3 on: 20 August, 2008, 10:12:33 am »

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #4 on: 20 August, 2008, 10:17:22 am »
From my experience of french motorcyle holidays, I try and find the local guest houses as they as no more than 5 - 10 euros a night more than the formula1 and can usually have a bar or restaurant. 

I also usually chose the more out of the centre locations so there would be places to park the bike.

« Reply #5 on: 20 August, 2008, 10:29:34 am »
We stayed in a "Mr Bed" hotel in Torcy (near Paris). Same standard as Travel Inn, Ibis etc. I'd recommend them, it was lovely. They also do a self-catering apartment, with a small kitchen (which we actually took).

« Reply #6 on: 21 August, 2008, 11:31:57 am »
Campanile don't do 4 person family rooms only 3. Novotel family rooms take two adults and 2 kids fine. Novotel are a bot more pricey but a bit nicer and if you book well in advance you can get good deals like £60 for a family room. The evening meals at Novotel are good too but the breakfast better at Campanile.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #7 on: 27 August, 2008, 11:47:14 am »
Campanile don't do 4 person family rooms only 3. Novotel family rooms take two adults and 2 kids fine. Novotel are a bot more pricey but a bit nicer and if you book well in advance you can get good deals like £60 for a family room. The evening meals at Novotel are good too but the breakfast better at Campanile.

And the food generally good to superb at the Logis