Author Topic: Katie Hopkins does it again  (Read 17683 times)

Re: Katie Hopkins does it again
« Reply #75 on: 02 June, 2017, 05:06:21 pm »
I saw that link on LFGSS a short while ago and did wonder whether it is a spoof / wishful thinking / the inevitable.
It doesn't appear to be reported elsewhere.

« Reply #76 on: 03 June, 2017, 03:32:52 am »
I'm probably guilty of optimism in repeating it without further checking, but the author does seem to have some form: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/08/zelo-street-tim-fenton-blogging-twitter

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #77 on: 03 June, 2017, 10:16:34 am »
Didn't see a dickie-bird about it on Facething yesterday, whereas when she got the boot from LBC the place was full of right-wingnuts bleating about free speech.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #78 on: 03 June, 2017, 11:11:48 am »
From my exposure to Fox News (decontamination ongoing) a week or so back (I should call it adventures in News La-La Land), they'd lap up Hatie Katie since they like the spectacle of foamy mouthed Brits ranting on about stuff that's dear to the average US rightwingnut's heart. There's no shortage of mad Americans willing to gush their right wing effluvia, but that makes it boring.

While, as a long term former resident alien of those shores, I obviously knew Fox News wasn't exactly as fair and balanced as they might laughably have claimed, but it's utterly, utterly bonkers these days.

« Reply #79 on: 27 November, 2017, 10:43:01 pm »
And finally she “leaves” the Mailonline” with no explanation.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #80 on: 27 November, 2017, 10:47:28 pm »
I often muse that if it were not for yacf, I would be totally unaware of the woman.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #81 on: 28 November, 2017, 06:04:02 pm »
I often muse that if it were not for yacf, I would be totally unaware of the woman.
"
Unless you have been on a series of long-haul flights recently, or don’t use social media, you will have heard by now that erstwhile darling of the alleged unheard underdog, purveyor of perversions of truth and justice, and dogwhistle dogmatic, Katie Hopkins, has left Mail Online, apparently by “mutual consent”.
"
 ;D

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/28/katie-hopkins-mail-online-jack-monroe
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #82 on: 29 November, 2017, 10:09:12 am »
That's a surprisingly (?) thoughtful article from Jack Monroe, TL;DR - we shouldn't be too happy

By stripping her of her accountability – whatever little there seems to be at the Mail Online as it stands – she is not disempowered. Her brand, that of the renegade outsider “just saying what you’re all thinking”, is strengthened in its martyrdom

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #83 on: 29 November, 2017, 10:11:18 am »
She's probably had an offer from Breitbart News.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #84 on: 29 November, 2017, 11:14:16 am »

That wouldn't be too surprising. I think that's where that Delingpole oik slithered to from the Daily Telegraph Typograph.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

ian

« Reply #85 on: 29 November, 2017, 11:22:40 am »
I think I mentioned that US rightwing media likes non-Americans, I suppose it makes it more interesting for the usual list of dull Americans and adds a sweaty sheen of 'it's not just us' -ness. Milo, Farage, et al. Give me your splenetic flotsam, your entitled fools, your tired and spent commentators yearning to spite some more. I suppose the poem does request the wretched refuse of your teeming shore and Americans can be very literal.

It always strikes me that the default position of these incredibly entitled people who want for so little is that they're always aching to play the poor victim.

« Reply #86 on: 29 November, 2017, 01:52:13 pm »
Her downfall seems to have come from criticising Hull's Christmas decorations, it's good to know where Mail readers draw the line.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #87 on: 29 November, 2017, 04:12:38 pm »

That wouldn't be too surprising. I think that's where that Delingpole oik slithered to from the Daily Telegraph Typograph.

He did, the ignorant little toad.  One of the funniest things I've read in years was Delingprick getting totally pwned over climate change.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #88 on: 28 February, 2018, 01:52:07 am »
The lovely Katie at it again, about 3:20 in:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/feb/27/the-left-is-creating-a-crisis-conservative-activists-respond-to-florida-shooting

claiming the kids from the Florida school shooting are scripted and controlled by CNN.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #89 on: 28 February, 2018, 06:40:58 am »
More likely that Fox News are scripting the NRA of course but bullies never admit to bullying.

I wonder who pulls her strings ...

« Reply #90 on: 28 February, 2018, 08:52:50 am »
Whoever it is, they ain't finding heart strings.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #91 on: 28 February, 2018, 11:08:59 am »
If you want a Katie-Hopkins-free article on how the underlying bug/feature in FSBook and Tw@tter algorithms has meant it's been centre-left outrage that's helped to spread the "crisis actors" bullcrap started by the alt-right, here's one I was reading earlier:

https://www.wired.com/story/how-liberals-amped-up-a-parkland-shooting-conspiracy-theory/
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #92 on: 28 February, 2018, 11:18:02 am »
If everybody ignored Hatie Kopkin do you think she'd go away?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #93 on: 28 February, 2018, 12:20:13 pm »
We tried to get rid of her, but eventually they sent her back  ::-)

The Islamophobic media personality Katie Hopkins has been banned from entering South Africa.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #96 on: 16 September, 2018, 07:22:21 pm »
It's her kids I feel sorry for.  Not only have they lost everything,  they've  still got her a a mum. Poor sods.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #97 on: 16 September, 2018, 07:24:09 pm »
Jack Monroe has show remarkable maturity and composure in the face of all this.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #98 on: 16 September, 2018, 07:26:22 pm »
It's her kids I feel sorry for.  Not only have they lost everything,  they've  still got her a a mum. Poor sods.
Quote from: Jack Monroe
Things are in place in that agreement to make sure her children are looked after. I’m a mother myself and I read it line by line to make sure that her children didn’t suffer as a result of what she’s done
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: 16 September, 2018, 07:27:50 pm »
Thing is, this isn't going to make her change her ways, is it? She's getting paid to peddle hate and now she's going to have to peddle it even harder.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.