Author Topic: Ventouxs  (Read 8857 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Ventouxs
« Reply #50 on: 12 February, 2017, 08:52:12 am »
I suspect Paul felt ten foot tall and bulletproof for a while after Ventoux. He has mellowed since then, particularly after DNFing a tough European 1200, and is a good bloke.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #51 on: 13 February, 2017, 08:36:00 pm »
This is one of my favourite threads of all time.

Brokebutt is too modest to say that he went on to complete PBP pretty quickly...so if the bicingle effort blunted his speed, then watch out in 2019.

Inspirational stuff
#makewattsnotwar

« Reply #52 on: 15 February, 2017, 12:41:52 am »
I suspect Paul felt ten foot tall and bulletproof for a while after Ventoux. He has mellowed since then, particularly after DNFing a tough European 1200, and is a good bloke.

No, I liked him and enjoyed his company! I was amused by his brash Americanness (being a modest Brit myself), and gently took the piss - I told him he should save himself the bother of telling everyone about it, and just get t-shirts printed up instead.

« Reply #53 on: 15 February, 2017, 12:30:11 pm »
This is a great thread! I am heading out to do the cingles sometime between 9th and 10th June depending on the weather!

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #54 on: 17 May, 2017, 04:40:18 pm »
I may need therapy...

Entered a Bicinqlette for May.

Contemplating using t'cog - can't find any nutter that's Bicinglette'd on t'cog yet  ::-)

Having done just the cingles with gears last Autumn, I can say that would be well and truly mad. Good luck with it!

Bah.  Lost it on the Malaucène climb, and ended up taking 13.5hrs for a Cinglé - but that wasn't what I signed up for, so nil points...
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #55 on: 17 May, 2017, 05:09:38 pm »
Jolly bad luck, a fine effort.  :thumbsup:

(there's a reason that gears became popular)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #56 on: 18 May, 2017, 10:54:03 am »
Bah.  Lost it on the Malaucène climb, and ended up taking 13.5hrs for a Cinglé - but that wasn't what I signed up for, so nil points...

Unlucky Iddu, but Cingle on fixed is still impressive. Was it on the first or second ascent from Malaucene?

(FWIW I thought that was the hardest of the three climbs due to the steep middle section).

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #57 on: 18 May, 2017, 11:22:21 am »

Unlucky Iddu, but Cingle on fixed is still impressive. Was it on the first or second ascent from Malaucene?

(FWIW I thought that was the hardest of the three climbs due to the steep middle section).

Yes, hard luck indeed.  I loved the Malaucène climb, it was much less wearisome than the hot insect-rich slog up through the forest from Bédoin.

Our club prez is thinking of setting up a week's holiday based on Bédoin next year. The missus'd shoot me if I breathed "Ventoux", though, let alone Cinglés.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Ventouxs
« Reply #58 on: 26 June, 2017, 08:39:16 pm »
Two years on, finally did it on the 9th June! My homologation card came back today! Off to buy the jersey. Brilliant day out!