Author Topic: It is a truth that is universally acknowledged...  (Read 1841 times)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
It is a truth that is universally acknowledged...
« on: 06 October, 2016, 02:03:16 pm »
...that a Pilot in possession large tandem must be in want of a Stoker.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, Mrs. Wow and I are venturing into the world of electric assist tandems. Although I thought I'd made it a condition of buying it that we must match the miles done on the electric tandem with miles on the human-powered one, I am pretty sure that I Know What Will Happen. I am very reluctant to part with what has been an excellent steed over the past 9 years or more, so I am looking for people to help me ride it. So...

Curvaceous 60-something-years-young pilot WLTM stoker of either sex for outdoor two-wheeled fun. NS, GSOH, likes tea rooms and real ale. East Anglia and home counties preferred. Prepared to drive to ride starts.  :P
The loss of humanity I could live with.

Re: It is a truth that is universally acknowledged...
« Reply #1 on: 06 October, 2016, 04:17:50 pm »
I'm probably beyond your practical range Wow but I anticipate requiring the generosity of people like yourself to pilot me on a tandem in the coming years.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2016, 06:43:26 pm »
At 118 miles between my place and Rugby, I can do that on one charge in my new car. Whether I would want to is another matter. I would probably stay overnight somewhere and camp. Hookup point would recharge the car for the return trip, or I could use Watford Gap.

But I certainly wouldn't rule it out, Mike!
The loss of humanity I could live with.

Chris S

« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2016, 06:50:08 pm »
If you ever found yourself up this way, one of us would :).

I've not ridden stoker - so if it's me, there might be some "adaptation" involved.