Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751914 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14425 on: 11 March, 2020, 06:26:43 pm »
Now doubtful i'll be out
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #14426 on: 11 March, 2020, 06:33:36 pm »
Eastern regions don't seem popular tonight, but I'm looking forward to the outing to Patogonia next Wednesday. I wonder if there will be pyrotechnics.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14427 on: 11 March, 2020, 08:17:14 pm »
That'll be me staying in this evening then, hopefully see some of you at the Horsepower on Saturday....
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14428 on: 11 March, 2020, 09:03:40 pm »
That'll be me staying in this evening then, hopefully see some of you at the Horsepower on Saturday....

I'll see anyone that parks at the church on Saturday, and riders of the 200 at Snetterton.

« Reply #14429 on: 13 March, 2020, 02:01:24 pm »
Patagonia is no more  :'(

If we are not all on lock down next Wednesday, is the plan to stick with the Leather Bottle in Pleshey, as per the calendar?

I'm now on enforced home working for the foreseeable future, making Wednesday evenings easier to manage, if it remains safe to go out!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #14430 on: 13 March, 2020, 03:34:37 pm »

If we are not all on lock down next Wednesday, is the plan to stick with the Leather Bottle in Pleshey, as per the calendar?

I'm now on enforced home working for the foreseeable future, making Wednesday evenings easier to manage, if it remains safe to go out!

I like the avatar!  You're now going to tell me you've had it for 6 months and its taken me this long to notice  ::-)

« Reply #14431 on: 13 March, 2020, 03:49:10 pm »
He's had it for 6 months and its taken you this long to notice?
I'm hopefully going to be in a similar WFH position, if not this coming week, then definitely the next.
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14432 on: 13 March, 2020, 04:03:17 pm »
He's had it for 6 months and its taken you this long to notice?
I'm hopefully going to be in a similar WFH position, if not this coming week, then definitely the next.

We live in strange going on weird times.

« Reply #14433 on: 13 March, 2020, 04:10:08 pm »
I like the avatar!  You're now going to tell me you've had it for 6 months and its taken me this long to notice  ::-)

To be fair to you, it has recently changed. It was boo boo until very recently. Same theme though!

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14434 on: 13 March, 2020, 04:27:43 pm »
I thought next weeks (18th March) destination was the Compasses pop up, to take in Linda's Patagonia tour presentation.

Wasn't it discussion around Linda's tour and countries that have/don't have bears that started off this round of foolishness?

I'll be trying WFH from May 1st, so I should be able to make Wednesday nights.

« Reply #14435 on: 13 March, 2020, 04:46:27 pm »
I thought next weeks (18th March) destination was the Compasses pop up, to take in Linda's Patagonia tour presentation.

Wasn't it discussion around Linda's tour and countries that have/don't have bears that started off this round of foolishness?

Keep up ... the Patagonia talk has been cancelled, according to word on the street. Therefore I was determining whether the fallback option is back to the Leather Bottle.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #14436 on: 13 March, 2020, 05:18:16 pm »

Keep up ... the Patagonia talk has been cancelled.....

Such a pity, I was looking forward to driving over for that.

Dunno what to do now the evenings intellectual level has taken a nosedive. :(

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14437 on: 13 March, 2020, 05:20:29 pm »

Keep up ... the Patagonia talk has been cancelled.....

Perhaps we could ask The Bard to read some Billy Spokeshave.  Talking of ted, has anyone seen him lately?  Should we be concerned?

Such a pity, I was looking forward to driving over for that.

Dunno what to do now the evenings intellectual level has taken a nosedive. :(

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #14438 on: 13 March, 2020, 05:31:34 pm »
He's in the mountains living up to his name.

« Reply #14439 on: 13 March, 2020, 05:54:51 pm »

I’m trying to think what that name might be. ‘Snow plough”? “Beast from the East”? “Ted”? But nothing seems to fit.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14440 on: 13 March, 2020, 05:56:53 pm »

I’m trying to think what that name might be. ‘Snow plough”? “Beast from the East”? “Ted”? But nothing seems to fit.

I think a reference is being made to shredding which is something to do with winter sports. More than that I couldn’t tell you.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14441 on: 15 March, 2020, 11:22:57 pm »

Can I have a show of hands for Leather Bottle please, I'll give Rob the landlord a message and see if all is OK for Wednesday.... I'll make a count on Monday night... 

1. Me
2. OD
3. psyclist
4. Grey Sheep
5. Jos
6. NN
7. Tomsk

Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14442 on: 15 March, 2020, 11:26:16 pm »

Can I have a show of hands for Leather Bottle please, I'll give Rob the landlord a message and see if all is OK for Wednesday.... I'll make a count on Monday night...  :thumbsup:

I should be okay for a trip to Pleshey.

« Reply #14443 on: 16 March, 2020, 05:26:41 am »
Me too

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14444 on: 16 March, 2020, 07:31:48 am »

Can I have a show of hands for Leather Bottle please, I'll give Rob the landlord a message and see if all is OK for Wednesday.... I'll make a count on Monday night...  :thumbsup:

Mind you I have been awake most of the night with a cough...

« Reply #14445 on: 16 March, 2020, 08:00:46 am »
I'm expecting to be able to ride there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14446 on: 16 March, 2020, 09:33:03 am »
Barring no problems, it’s not a problem
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14447 on: 16 March, 2020, 09:41:53 am »

Mind you I have been awake most of the night with a cough...

I think, having thought about it, if I still have my cough by Wednesday evening I shall stay at home.  Obviously if I develop any other symptoms I shall also stay at home.

« Reply #14448 on: 16 March, 2020, 09:51:57 am »
I think, having thought about it, if I still have my cough by Wednesday evening I shall stay at home.  Obviously if I develop any other symptoms I shall also stay at home.

I thought you were joking previously. If it is a persistent cough, please do stay in self-isolation ... and get better quickly.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #14449 on: 16 March, 2020, 10:01:39 am »

I thought you were joking previously. If it is a persistent cough, please do stay in self-isolation ... and get better quickly.

Self isolation is definitely a good idea for you OD.

I'll miss you dear friend.