Author Topic: Jantastic 2015  (Read 13039 times)

Re: Jantastic 2015
« Reply #100 on: 21 March, 2015, 07:55:12 pm »
I'm struggling with Jantastic again.   I managed to not turn on Strava for my run today and cannot remember how to enter the run manually.   I have entered a manual once before but this time Jantastic is defeating me.

Help please.   ???

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #101 on: 22 March, 2015, 05:28:36 pm »
Today I ran my timed event, the Richmond ½ marathon. My target was 80 minutes, which I felt was a bit ambitious, I ran 83:24 at the same event last year, but surely that's the whole point of Jantastic? My plan was to run bang on 6 minute miles, which would give me a little bit of leeway and the chance to slow down in the second part of the race.

I set off quickly and after realising very early into the race that I wasn't going be able to hold the two in front of me I backed off the pace. However I still went through the first mile at 5:55. That was faster than planned, but the pace felt OK and mile 2 was ran at the same pace. I'd see what happened... There was a guy I was following who yoyo-ed between 10 and 50 metres in front of me for the next ten miles. The race runs around Kew Gardens and down the Thames River path. On a beautiful Sunday morning it was a fantastic place to run.

Mile 10 came and went and I was still running at 5:55; cool. I ate my gel and pushed the pace for the final few miles. I finally managed to overtake the guy who'd I been following for a lot of the race. I did encourage him to stay with me, but he dropped slightly behind. The last 400 m seemed to take forever, but I still smashed my target and finished in 77:33 :o :thumbsup:.

One more week of Janastic, here's to hoping I can keep up my 100 %.

I managed to not turn on Strava for my run today and cannot remember how to enter the run manually.

Easy peasy: click.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #102 on: 24 March, 2015, 11:07:39 am »
I'm struggling with Jantastic again.   I managed to not turn on Strava for my run today and cannot remember how to enter the run manually.   I have entered a manual once before but this time Jantastic is defeating me.

Help please.   ???

I've been away so have just seen this and may be too late. Go to "Log My Workouts". On the left hand side of the page there's a + and - sign next to the number of activities you've completed. The + and - may be greyed out but they still appear to work. Just click the + and then click "save my workouts" at the bottom of the page.

« Reply #103 on: 27 March, 2015, 11:28:12 pm »
Thanks everybody with the help tips.   I've just updated for the week and I've completed Jantastic with just one joker for one missed session.   

I enjoyed that.  :thumbsup: 

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #104 on: 28 March, 2015, 10:38:48 am »
Well I totally cocked up my last chance of actually hitting my time target on my run this morning  >:(

Still, I managed all the other weeks aside from when I was skiing when I played a joker. I'm definitely a lot fitter than I was and have lost nearly a stone  :thumbsup:

What the hell is going to motivate me to keep going now thobut ???

« Reply #105 on: 28 March, 2015, 09:01:20 pm »
Did my last Jantastic run this morning at parkrun. I've managed to hit all the targets without using a joker (no idea how). It was close on some occasions - particularly when I was away for 3 or 4 days out of a week and couldn't get any running in without being ultra-devious.

I went out in style. I was secretly hoping for a PB at parkrun and went out fast trailing on the heels of some young whippersnapper of a girl for as long as I could. She was seriously fast and I lasted about a K or so before we got separated. I was totally knackered by this stage, but managed to keep moving at a somewhat reduced speed for the other 4K. The flying start did me well, though. I ended up knocking 58 seconds off my PB (now down to 22:17), did my first sub 4 minute K, and came in 37th out of 285 (11th if you take age grading into account). For lots of you that's a rather indifferent time, but for a 61 year old non-runner I'm quite proud of myself. When I started Jantastic I was sort of hoping I might manage a sub 30 minute 5K by the end of it. I think I've well and truly cracked that.

Thanks everyone. Jantastic has really helped keep me motivated. I'll be signing up next year. The question now is - what else do I do before then?

Oh - and the reason why I couldn't hang on to the heels of that park runner, today? I saw her again at the end of the run. She was donning a British Athletics Cross Country trackie... I feel suitably vindicated.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #106 on: 28 March, 2015, 10:02:47 pm »
That's a 100 % Janastic for me too :thumbsup:. I used one joker in February when I went to Greece for five days, but otherwise I hit all my weekly distance targets, as well as managing my sub 80 minute ½ marathon. The distance targets in February and March were great for forcing me to do some long mid week runs when I may otherwise have not bothered. I've now got four weeks of training without the Jantastic motivation until the London marathon.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #107 on: 29 March, 2015, 07:04:47 pm »
I missed one workout one week through mis-counting. Annoying!
Completely blew the time target though. Headwind, and just not fit enough up all those hills on the Dean.
It's been good to get me out riding through the week when I wouldn't have bothered otherwise, and I certainly wouldn't have done any swimming.