Author Topic: Cestyll Cymru  (Read 1846 times)

S2L

Cestyll Cymru
« on: 01 November, 2019, 06:51:48 am »
Cestyll Cymru 200 BR and The Legend of Gelert 130 km BP brevets are back on the calendar for next year. Pencil July 4th for quite possibly the most scenic ride of your Audax year. Organised by Rhos on Sea CC. Plenty of spaces available at the local campsite Dinart Hall with no need to book, just turn up with your tent. Closest station is Llandudno Junction, with direct links to London, Manchester and Birmingham

Entries open tonight at midnight (or thereabout, I never quite know how the AUK site works)

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/20-659/

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/20-658/

S2L

Re: Cestyll Cymru
« Reply #1 on: 02 November, 2019, 10:53:11 am »
Entries now open...  :)

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #2 on: 02 November, 2019, 11:30:05 am »
Ah Harlech, my favourite place. When I die I've left strict instructions with my son that I want cremating and my ashes scattered from the middle of the curtain wall facing the sea (the one on the left of the photo). I may enter this ride, hopefully my instructions won't have to be carried out on it!

S2L

« Reply #3 on: 02 November, 2019, 11:45:08 am »
Ah Harlech, my favourite place. When I die I've left strict instructions with my son that I want cremating and my ashes scattered from the middle of the curtain wall facing the sea (the one on the left of the photo). I may enter this ride, hopefully my instructions won't have to be carried out on it!

I suggest you do the loop of Harlech clockwise then, opposite way to the route sheet advice...  :thumbsup:

S2L

« Reply #4 on: 02 November, 2019, 05:36:22 pm »
Scenic... I really mean it

« Reply #5 on: 03 November, 2019, 12:37:35 am »
Look like a great couple of rides - will seriously consider entering if you can guaruntee weather similar to that shown in your photographs  ;)

S2L

« Reply #6 on: 03 November, 2019, 06:16:29 am »
Weather guaranteed  ;D