Author Topic: Are I stoopid? starting Oregon 450 to record track  (Read 1918 times)

Are I stoopid? starting Oregon 450 to record track
« on: 31 October, 2010, 09:51:48 am »
This is my second unit, as I stuffed the screen of the first, so it is as default out the factory. I am sure that you can't stop the unit recording, so I haven't changed anything. I uploaded a route and followed it for 100 miles yesterday, very good it was too, very impressed with how easy it was to follow and, where there was a complex junction, how easy it was to sort out. But now, there appears to be no gpx in "current" or anywhere... wtf??

(I used the "Go to" and selected the route, that was all.)

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Are I stoopid? starting Oregon 450 to record track
« Reply #1 on: 31 October, 2010, 11:31:15 am »
I am sure that you can't stop the unit recording,

I think maybe you can.  From memory, in the Setup, Track menu there is 'Visible', 'Invisible' and 'Off' - or some such.

Not suggesting this is your problem, as the factory default would certainly be 'Visible'.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #2 on: 31 October, 2010, 07:36:00 pm »
Yes you can stop it recording the track - it is in the set up menus. if I remember correctly you have a few options. Record and  Show on map, Record and Don't show, Do not record. I guess yours is set to do not record.

On the bike I have mine set to record. You then have options to the quality of the recording.

« Reply #3 on: 01 November, 2010, 08:44:07 am »
I find it useful to use profiles for this sort of thing.  So I have a profile set for not recording, i.e. when fiddling about at home.

« Reply #4 on: 01 November, 2010, 09:01:32 am »
Yes you can stop it recording the track - it is in the set up menus. if I remember correctly you have a few options. Record and  Show on map, Record and Don't show, Do not record. I guess yours is set to do not record.

Nope, mine is set to record, show on map :(

(edit) Just checked it again this morning and now the track is showing....? All I have to do is find where it is and download it, maybe. It ain't in the /Current directory

« Reply #5 on: 01 November, 2010, 09:13:59 am »
Ahhhhhhh - Problem Solved.

What I hadn't done was to "Stop Navigation" (I was still in Go To mode) at which point it saves the data.

So I was being stoopid. I can cope with that easier than loosing a track at random.