Author Topic: QI - one guest sees the questions beforehand  (Read 23723 times)

nicknack

• Hornblower
Re: QI - one guest sees the questions beforehand
« Reply #25 on: 13 September, 2010, 04:08:11 pm »
Hmm...

I'd have thought Wogan. He's famous for being ignorant. Unfortunately he doesn't count as 'reasonably regular'.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #26 on: 13 September, 2010, 04:08:43 pm »
How can one evaluate which is the more boorish, arrogant, self-regarding tw@ out of Carr & Clarkson?
Getting there...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #27 on: 13 September, 2010, 04:50:56 pm »
How can one evaluate which is the more boorish, arrogant, self-regarding tw@ out of Carr & Clarkson?

[Harry Hill]

FIGHT!!!!

[/Harry Hill]
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #28 on: 13 September, 2010, 05:47:06 pm »
QI is a pillar of modern civilisation; this revelation is worse than finding out the Stig is human.

Sessions looks possible due to his smugness and a very high answer rate.

Carr? Yup, could be, similar reason. Carr also demonstrates the Woss effect - even obnoxius twats can be quite bearable in the right setting. I quite like Ross (on a good day) on his own radio show. When Carr is on QI he seems to briefly convert into a human being, with mostly inoffensive opinions, some of them quite funny.
Carr and Ross are both insecure show-offs, which make them pretty unbearable in certain scenarios.

Fortunately QI is so marvellous that things like cheating have no effect on its pleasure-giving properties :)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #29 on: 14 September, 2010, 09:24:21 am »
Aha!

By the wonders of JFGI: the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jA1LOJabNrU&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jA1LOJabNrU&rel=1</a>. An unbroadcast pilot, which explains why I hadn't seen it!
Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

LEE

« Reply #30 on: 14 September, 2010, 10:59:55 am »
All of them. Just like on any other panel show....

That was always my assumption too.

Knowing (correctly or incorrectly) that they had time to rehearse some material (as in any other panel show) never stopped me thinking it was/is the best panel show in TV history though.

I mean, Stephen Fry is wonderful and extremely well educated, we all know that, but he DOES have the answers on the card and an earpiece (linked to his researchers) you know. He's clever but not that clever.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #31 on: 14 September, 2010, 11:09:54 am »
I mean, Stephen Fry is wonderful and extremely well educated, we all know that, but he DOES have the answers on the card and an earpiece (linked to his researchers) you know. He's clever but not that clever.
Don't be daft - the earpiece is just so they can gently remind him that not everyone is as clever as him.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #32 on: 14 September, 2010, 11:35:29 am »
Don't be daft - the earpiece is just so they can gently remind him that not everyone is as clever as him.

Exactly, they have someone whispering "Remember, you are mortal" every five minutes or so.

« Reply #33 on: 14 September, 2010, 12:03:12 pm »
Miss R, who has insider knowledge, reckons it is John Sessions but that they all get a printout of the first 5 questions so they can get jokes for them, but they don't get the general ignorance questions.