Author Topic: Riding experience on ICE trike  (Read 2638 times)

diapsaon0

• Advena ego sum in terra
Riding experience on ICE trike
« on: 13 February, 2023, 04:41:36 pm »
Just been for a 15 mile ride around the lanes, along part of NCN route 3 and through the busy town.  Found that the stories about cars and even HGVs giving a trike a wide berth are TRUE.  Some cars even pulled in on the lanes so I could pass!  Wonderful!!
Advena ego sum in Terra

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Riding experience on ICE trike
« Reply #1 on: 13 February, 2023, 04:57:50 pm »
Yep, the recumbent WTF-factor neatly changes the driver's priority on encountering a cyclist from "must get in front" to "must get a better look at that", which greatly improves their behaviour at junctions and pinch points.

Trikes have the added advantage of looking wide (even when they're not much wider than a MTB rider's elbows), so work as effective car repellent on the open road.

Some of the shouting gets tedious, but more than half of it is positive or good-natured if unoriginal humour, which is an improvement.

diapsaon0

« Reply #2 on: 13 February, 2023, 07:04:08 pm »
I had a few ribald comments today, but deafness has some advantages.  A lot of positive and interested comments from  walkers on the NCN 3.  And much better for my back!
Advena ego sum in Terra

« Reply #3 on: 13 February, 2023, 07:07:06 pm »
Trikes are slower than bikes but allow you to see more around you. It's amazing how much of your attention is focused on balancing a bicycle. The seat is so comfortable that the extra time taken compared to a bicycle is just pure pleasure. Do you have pictures of your new trike to put on here?  :)
the slower you go the more you see

diapsaon0

« Reply #4 on: 13 February, 2023, 07:20:10 pm »
I stopped several times today to take phone pictures without leaving the seat!!  I'll sling my camera around my neck with a lens in my pocket and see how I get on.  (I need to get some ICE luggage).  Not sure how to upload a photo here.
Advena ego sum in Terra

diapsaon0

Advena ego sum in Terra

« Reply #6 on: 13 February, 2023, 09:33:16 pm »
I could not see your photos as I am not on Facebook.
I just use Google photos and create a link.
My trikes are the orange azub tricon gr, the trice fs fitted with a bafang e assist and the sun ez3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MtPHnVVYV1QoTnCc6

I only been out today for the weekly shopping on the ez3 with the trailer to the supermarket.
Lovely out today  :)
the slower you go the more you see

diapsaon0

« Reply #7 on: 14 February, 2023, 07:53:02 am »
Great looking trikes!!  Just looked out to see thick fog - so that may bu**er up my plans for today.
Advena ego sum in Terra