Author Topic: Rennes - Brest - Rennes BRM 600 - 9th June 2018  (Read 11323 times)

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
Re: Rennes - Brest - Rennes BRM 600 - 9th June 2018
« Reply #50 on: 29 May, 2018, 10:51:44 pm »
What's the French for DNS? 

I'm out, with my left leg finally succumbing to tight hamstrings and leaving me on a diet of ibuprofen and paracetamol.  I'm hoping that the physio can mend me before the end of September as I am one 600 away from qualifying as an Ultra Randonneur.  It's not easy, this long distance cycling, is it?

Instead I'll have a holiday in Brittany, either with or without the bike, so it's not all bad.

AFAIK We don't have a handy acronym for this! It's better if you send an email to the organiser.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #51 on: 29 May, 2018, 10:53:55 pm »

I'm out, with my left leg finally succumbing to tight hamstrings and leaving me on a diet of ibuprofen and paracetamol.  I'm hoping that the physio can mend me before the end of September as I am one 600 away from qualifying as an Ultra Randonneur.  It's not easy, this long distance cycling, is it?

Instead I'll have a holiday in Brittany, either with or without the bike, so it's not all bad.

AFAIK We don't have a handy acronym for this! It's better if you send an email to the organiser.

Deja fait.  But it will be a shame to miss the ride as I was really looking forward to it.

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #52 on: 30 May, 2018, 12:51:19 am »

Deja fait.  But it will be a shame to miss the ride as I was really looking forward to it.

:'( Don't know if you have any plans but assuming you take the ferry you can probably find an air bnb in St malo and do relatively easy rides around assuming your leg is not completely out of action. The new bridge of the Mont St Michel is opened to cyclists before 10 am and after 6pm and it's worth it IMHO (go there via Cancale). You can follow the Rance river to Dinan (Saint jouan des guérets, St Suliac, la ville ès Nonais, cross the old bridge in port St Jean then make your way through the lanes along the river to the D12 and off to Dinan - some hills but nice ride, to remove a few hills follow the canal between La hisse and Dinan) or if your leg can't do hills at all go to Dol de Bretagne (completely flat). You can also go to cap Fréhel but the roads might be a bit busy coming from St Malo.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #53 on: 30 May, 2018, 10:11:23 pm »

Sorry to hear that, I`m signed up for this one. it will be my first Audax in France.
I think we met on a Flatlands 600km about 4 years ago.
If you are still heading over to Brittany, we are at La Tanniere (its on the PBP route between Fougeres and Gorron) a warm welcome always given to passing cyclists. I have a listing on YACF Rides & Touring room at the Inn and on the cycle touring website warm showers.