Author Topic: Your fatbike  (Read 81346 times)

Re: Your fatbike
« Reply #100 on: 26 November, 2014, 09:43:55 am »
That looks so shiny I thought it was the inner tube.

I'm used to Real rim tape being cloth.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #101 on: 26 November, 2014, 09:56:08 am »
It's a surly rim strip, went for boring black.

The red doesn't match :facepalm:
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #102 on: 26 November, 2014, 09:58:21 am »
That looks so shiny I thought it was the inner tube.

I'm used to Real rim tape being cloth.

It's a thick rubbery tape. Other colours are also available :-)

PaulF

« Reply #103 on: 26 November, 2014, 09:59:29 am »

Matches fine for me^ ;D

« Reply #104 on: 26 November, 2014, 10:02:00 am »

Matches fine for me^ ;D

:P
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #105 on: 26 November, 2014, 10:03:49 am »
The one in the rear wheel of my Pug is white. Fortunately, the rims don't have cut-outs so it doesn't show :)

« Reply #106 on: 26 November, 2014, 10:57:56 am »
My first use of a gopro. Think I'll stick to my day job, Del Toro can keep his ;D

http://youtu.be/VAK5kduRI8o

PaulF

« Reply #107 on: 26 November, 2014, 11:05:49 am »
Nice, that's what it's all about!

« Reply #108 on: 26 November, 2014, 11:18:15 am »
 :thumbsup:

Had to cut lots out, firstly for the length of the video, secondly some was very shaky. I only used the helmet and bar mount.

I've also discovered that watching climbing is super boring ;D

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #109 on: 26 November, 2014, 11:23:37 am »
I'm torn with respect to using a GoPro - one part of me wants to rebel against endless uploading of boring1  footage by not doing it, whereas another part of me wants to stick one on the El Mariachi so I can shoot some of the more interesting bits of the Tour Divide (and/or my training rides)

1 - not to suggest that the above filmage is boring; I've not watched it so can't comment.

« Reply #110 on: 26 November, 2014, 11:40:11 am »
I'm torn with respect to using a GoPro - one part of me wants to rebel against endless uploading of boring1  footage by not doing it, whereas another part of me wants to stick one on the El Mariachi so I can shoot some of the more interesting bits of the Tour Divide (and/or my training rides)

1 - not to suggest that the above filmage is boring; I've not watched it so can't comment.

Tbh, I think they're a bit boring. I'm just doing it so I can remember some of my rides. I had hours of footage that got binned, either super boring or a bit shite.

Get for yourself not for others, if they don't like it, tough ;D

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #111 on: 26 November, 2014, 11:50:21 am »
Given my brain's tendency to misfire at inopportune moments I'd probably forget to switch the bloody thing on (this could apply equally to my brain or the camera)

« Reply #112 on: 26 November, 2014, 11:51:39 am »
Given my brain's tendency to misfire at inopportune moments I'd probably forget to switch the bloody thing on (this could apply equally to my brain or the camera)

You're not the only one :facepalm:

« Reply #113 on: 27 November, 2014, 03:03:38 am »

All my extra money goes for camera stuff  :P
scottclark.photoshelter.com

PaulF

« Reply #114 on: 27 November, 2014, 06:29:00 am »
But just think of the places you could get to on a fatbike to take even better pictures

« Reply #115 on: 27 November, 2014, 02:53:01 pm »
Shameless enabler.

PaulF

« Reply #116 on: 27 November, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »
 8)

« Reply #117 on: 28 November, 2014, 04:56:52 pm »
I've just ordered 2x of the rear mud shovels that you all recommended a while back. I'm sick of having a big wide brown, poo stripe up my back. Fat tyres tend to fling massive muddy klinkers that stick like mad.

I also had a dogshit grenade earlier in the week :sick:

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #118 on: 03 December, 2014, 06:48:31 pm »
There's a recall out on certain Mukluk forks:

http://salsacycles.com/bearpawforkrecall

« Reply #119 on: 03 December, 2014, 07:02:55 pm »
Saw this earlier, going to check mine this weekend. I'll be pissed off if I've got to strip it and post it back.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #120 on: 04 December, 2014, 12:28:06 pm »
My first use of a gopro. Think I'll stick to my day job, Del Toro can keep his ;D

http://youtu.be/VAK5kduRI8o

I enjoyed that.

I liked the variety of different shots (looking from the head tube backwards is good). Perhaps getting a stick mount to get the camera further from the bike looking backwards or looking forward from behind the saddle.

Brevity is the key with these sorts of video, so the more left out the better! If that makes sense!
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #121 on: 04 December, 2014, 12:38:49 pm »
 :thumbsup:

I'm contemplating different mounts, definitely getting the chest mount. They do a pole  but I don't fancy lugging it around with me. You get funny looks with it mounted on top of your head, a 4ft pole won't help ;D

I've found a couple of different places to mount the camera on the bike. The only problem is mud fling blocking the lens. I had to lose lots of good footage because of that. Still, every use is a learning curve.

« Reply #122 on: 04 December, 2014, 07:13:54 pm »
Not mine, and not a bike... But I thought it might be of interest here...  ;D

http://youtu.be/G2bkexHmKSc
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

« Reply #123 on: 04 December, 2014, 07:49:07 pm »
I'd love a play on it but don't fancy owning one. Just fancy sitting on it and barreling down a mountain, wouldn't like to get the bugger back up though :o

« Reply #124 on: 04 December, 2014, 08:11:59 pm »

Here in the land of hot, humid summers, all I can think is yuck, sweaty back.