Author Topic: Giving up smoking... well almost.  (Read 12580 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Giving up smoking... well almost.
« Reply #25 on: 31 August, 2011, 02:20:04 am »
There was an initial increase owning to the novelty factor but levels are now down to less than what I was smoking before. I've also got some low nicotine stuff for when I I feel like smoking but not needing it ie when going out to pubs etc. At a guess, 2 weeks in and I'm about 30% less daily.

Also don't forget that with a ciggy I'm inclined to smoke to the end, whether I need to or not. Not so with the ecig.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #26 on: 31 August, 2011, 02:37:06 am »
Good news for you! 

Well done  :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #27 on: 31 August, 2011, 03:03:57 am »
Cheers :)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #28 on: 31 August, 2011, 03:53:15 am »
Doing good Sam.
I am a useless so and so when it comes ot figuring out what bits I need following the link you put.

What do I need to give it a try?

I'd want something with a good rechargeable battery and the bits and pieces that would last me for a week or two before I had to get anything else. ideally something that gave nicotine for a while but wasn't too cigarette tasting... suggestions?

What could you tell me as the "Idiots Guide"?
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #29 on: 31 August, 2011, 05:31:05 am »
The easiest way to get into it, is to choose a starter kit. That'll contain battery (or 2), a atomiser, a cone and a set of cartridges. The atomiser will screw into the battery and the cone is just for looks. The cartridges then push onto the atomiser.

The cartridges will need to be filled with e-juice which you'll need to purchase separately from the kit. If you don't mind it not looking a cigarette then I can highly recommend the Riva 1100 Kit: http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/riva-1100-kit~151 and a sample set of e-juices: http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/grizwald%27s-pick-%27n%27-mix-%5B5x5ml-recipes%5D~133 In terms of strengths, the sample set comes as 20mg only. I used to smoke 20 a day of Marlboro lights or almost a 12.5g packet of Drum a day and it's been more than enough for me. However when you order the juices individually you can choose the nicotine content.

For a better smoking experience I'd recommend the Boge Cartomisers as they combine the atomisers and cartridges into one high quality unit which gives more flavour and smoke. Best of all they can't bleed flavours when you change them as the atomiser is built into the cartridge itself. http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/boge-510-standard-resistance-black-and-steel-%285-pack%29~145

My favourite flavours of juices are:
Golden Burginia: baccy flavour but it's nice and rounded with a nutty essense.
Coconut Mint Choc Chip: <<< Need I say more.
RY4: It's my default juice of choice.
Chocolate Orange: It's amazing.
Banoffee Cream: Lovely sweet taste.

They really do taste of the flavours! 

How to fill them:

If you stick to the standard cartridges, take off the sillicone lid and put about 3-5 drops of the juice in, allowing each drop to soak into the filler material. Some juices are thicker than others. The end result should have just about enough fluid that it's covered the filler but not more. It should look like a slush puppy I guess. Then leave for a good few hours for the juice to properly soak in before you use it. It's a good time to stick the batteries on charge. Now the first time round when you take a pull you might get a bit of dry smoke so it's best to take a few puffs but not inhale. If you get some fluid in your mouth it means you've put a little too much in there. But don't worry, just drink some water or wash it out. You can smoke until the flavour starts diminishing or you get dry burnt tasting smoke, in which case just top it up with a couple of drops. You won't need to let it sit for more than a couple of minutes as the filler is already soaked from the first time. The cartridges are meant disposable so if after a few days-week you loose flavour consistently it's fine to use another.

Word of advise, use each cartridge with each flavour and don't mix as they will bleed into each other.

If after a week if you decide to stick with “vaping” I suggest upgrading to using cartomizers. They combine atomisers and cartridges in one handy little unit. They give you more flavour, more smoke and hold slightly more fluid. One of the best ways to fill them initially is to use the condom method. Basically when you get them new they come with a silicone cap/sleeve on either end, one longer than the other. What you want to do is to take both off, inside the longer sleeve will but a silicone plug, take that out and put it to one side. Now with a pair of tweezers or a straightened paperclip with the end bent, pull out the white end cap gently. Have some kitchen tissue to hand. Now what you want to do is to grab the large silicone sleeve and fill it to about half way with the fluid, and then what you’re going to do is to slowly push the cartomiser (battery connection down) down into it a little bit at the time allowing the fluid to soak through and up. Do it over a minute or two. Once you get to the end give it a little squeeze. Top up slightly from the top with a drop or two to get the slush puppy look and then put the end cap back on. Now take it out of the sleeve and wipe with the tissue, and lightly blow into the end that was in the sleeve to clear the air way. Refit the plug and both sleeves and leave to soak/settle for a few hours/overnight. After that you can just top it up with a drop or two by removing the end cap and refitting it.

I realise that sounds like a lot of work but it really isn’t. There are vids on the Vape Escape site here: http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/boge-510-standard-resistance-black-and-steel-%285-pack%29~145 (I like to keep the plugs though).

I filled 10 cartomisers and 10 cartridges in about 15 minutes with different fluids and labelled them up.

Anyways, now to the inevitable question. How much fluid do you need to buy. Most people tend to vape about 3-5ml a day on average for the heavier smokers. I find I smoke a lot less! One sample set should be enough to last you most of the week if not more. As you may have noticed there is a lot of choices when it comes to flavours of the e-juices. I’d recommend a mixture of stuff, get some fruity, some sweet and one tobacco flavour just in case. My initial choice was RY4, Coco Mint Choc Chip, Choc Orange, Golden Burginia, 666. The sweet ones didn’t last long lol whereas I still have the 666. The cherry is very nice though! Don't worry about the nicotine levels just yet. Once you've found the flavour you like, order the the 30ml bottle with more or less nicotine to choice. I've just made my 3rd order and should have ALL the flavours by Thursday  :D Just cos I'm a tart like that lol. I have all the samples + several 30ml bottles of my faves.

Hopefully a week in you will have realised that you haven’t touched your cigarettes or “analogues” since you’ve had the ecig. You’ve not felt the need to. The next step should be to get some cartomisers, try new flavours and maybe get a case like so: http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/riva-carry-case~160 to carry your kit and cartridges/juices. The batteries should last you a day. But it’s always best to carry the other fully charged along with some filled carts.

Anyways, I hope that helps mate. Don’t forget the discount code ‘radiance’ for 5% off  :-) After two weeks you'll be fighting the urge to try a ciggy just to compare. I coughed loads and hated it lol.Sorry about the essay lol

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #30 on: 02 September, 2011, 09:58:27 pm »
Thanks Sam, I only just saw this post so I and I shall get on track afetr the weekend.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #31 on: 22 September, 2011, 01:43:54 am »
So did you get one?

It's been 2 months without a real ciggy for me. I feel healthier, apparently look it too. I'm also vaping a lot less. I've only touched it 3 times today :)

Support Equilibrium

Majorbloodnok

• its no good, we'll have to drink our way out of it
« Reply #32 on: 22 September, 2011, 07:30:37 am »
 :thumbsup:  Keep it up fella.  You're well on your way to feedom   8)

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #33 on: 22 September, 2011, 08:49:07 am »
Can the vapour thing be recalibrated to say... THC appropriate temperature?? ;D
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #34 on: 22 September, 2011, 01:58:48 pm »
Not this one but there are some about ;)

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #35 on: 22 September, 2011, 09:17:58 pm »
Didn't get one yet Valiant.  Trying to deal with it using a few other things, struggling too ::-)

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #36 on: 22 February, 2012, 11:55:38 pm »
BUMP ;D 

I just realised that, after a week or two of hardly any real cig's and then going mad and buying a full packet last night and smoking them in about 10 hours, I need something else.

I just ordered a Carto 510 starter kit from the Vapeeze place, thanks for the code Sam it still works.

Should be here by Saturday hopefully and then I can give it a try. :thumbsup:

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #37 on: 23 February, 2012, 12:11:42 am »
Good luck with that PD (Whatever the hell they are. - Can't be arsed to google it).

Crap.  Innit?  I've not smoked since November.  But of course, I have. Every fortnight or so I seem to celebrate and find myself in possession of a pack.
They should sell the bloody things in packs or 2 or 3 so that idiots like us don't end up having the other 18 to fuck it all up so that we have to start all over again. Again.

No advice from me.  You're doing the best you can, as am I.

Good luck, matey.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #38 on: 23 February, 2012, 01:16:54 am »
I used to be able to buy a pack in the knowledge that I was only going to smoke one or two and then throw the rest away in disgust!  Not been abke to throw them this recent few months so it is a solid tobacco Fest when I do get them. Still feel angry with myself whilst I am smoking. I have to find something that works or my life will be over sooner than I would like it to be.

E-cigs and Vapeeze seem to be the things and they are taking off pretty well so I have High Hopes.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #39 on: 23 February, 2012, 01:20:57 am »
I'm still going strong, though I will admit to the odd real cig, mainly due to running out of supplies and leaving my kit at home while away. I didn't enjoy the real cigs though.

And one again all my tastes have changed lol.

I'll tell you what though my gf got one with zero nicotine and various flavours. She's strongly anti smoking. She's used it to replace deserts lol

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #40 on: 23 February, 2012, 01:33:15 am »
D' you reckon it'd replace Pizza?   :-\

I'm not looking forward to trying ot figure out how to set it up, I can't follow even simple instructions with the brain injuries. Ask anybody what's watched my shenannigans in pitching a 3 minute tent (Hah!) 

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #41 on: 23 February, 2012, 01:43:56 am »
If you need any help just get in touch :) they are pretty straight forward though :)

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #42 on: 23 February, 2012, 07:44:28 pm »
Outstanding V well done.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #43 on: 24 February, 2012, 12:47:46 am »
Got the email saying it has been shipped out so I might get it tomorrow, well, today now technically!

I like the idea of the Cherry flavour Valiant!  Going to give it a day or two on the basic "tastes like tobacco" sort of stuff and see if I can grok it. If I can the order will be going in for various flavours.
I am actually looking forward to it all :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #44 on: 24 February, 2012, 01:33:57 am »
I'll tell you what I'm loving apples and pears. I've just realised there's now flavours out too so I'm gonna go make a lil purchase lol. Delivery is usually next day :)

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #45 on: 24 February, 2012, 01:53:07 pm »
Stop me, I'm Vaping 8)
The basic 510 kit arrived this morning and I got a single small bottle of the Virginia flavour. So far I am totally impressed!  I've got enough to last me over the weekend so, if it goes well, I'll order some more Joosis nekst Weeke!

Sam, You are a Life Saver :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #46 on: 24 February, 2012, 09:01:40 pm »
Did it come with Boge cartomisers? Cos they are very very good :)

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #47 on: 24 February, 2012, 09:54:15 pm »
Nah, only got the basic set up to try. I spoke to the guy at Vape escape and I will give it the weekend to be sure that it is good and then I'll buy the Cartomisers and some stronger batteries etc.
So far it is a Positive :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #48 on: 24 February, 2012, 11:06:48 pm »
The battery you have should do you, just buy another as a spare and keep it charged and use one while the other is charging etc. Jason is very helpful :)

I was helping setup a gig at Cable tonight and quite a few of the roadies/soundies had ecigs :)

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #49 on: 26 February, 2012, 07:14:15 pm »
How's it going chap?

I've just noticed that Tesco, Argos, Woolworths and JML now sell ecigs on the high street with ridiculous markups.

Support Equilibrium