Author Topic: Giving up smoking... well almost.  (Read 12578 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: Giving up smoking... well almost.
« Reply #50 on: 26 February, 2012, 09:03:16 pm »
I've read Alan Carr

Didn't he die of lung cancer?

I'm sure I saw him on live TV just the other day!
Yeah, but you thought you saw John Peel at the Brits on Tuesday.  ;)
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #51 on: 26 February, 2012, 11:18:35 pm »
I also found a place in the indoor market at Kendal selling the things at £9-99.
I think I like the idea of sticking with a place that does them as the "Main Product" so Vape escape will be my main supplier for now.

I'm doing pretty good with it so far and I feel a sense of Confidence that this is a hell of a lot more positive than Actual Cigarettes. I know it's still a nicotine kick but with about 3,000 less nasty other chemicals in there, it's a definite forward move.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #52 on: 03 March, 2012, 03:27:00 am »
So it's your weekly follow up, how you doing with it?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #53 on: 03 March, 2012, 09:30:51 pm »
Interesting!

I am feeling positive with the Vaping but with nearly every pull on a decent "Virginia or Cherry Juice"  I am coughing like crazy! 
The general thought of people that are more experienced in it is the fact that Cigarette smoke is dry and fine particles that the easily goes into the small areas of the lungs. Vaping is not smoke but Vapour, Steam I suppose, and it might take some time for the lungs ot get used to the bigger, damp particles.

I've bought a lower strength bottle of Juice and that seems to be better so far. 
I had an "Analogue" cigarette today and it didn't give me any joy so I think the E-cig is a winner for me. :thumbsup:

I am so glad you found the things and posted up about them.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #54 on: 04 March, 2012, 01:35:09 am »
Glad to hear you're getting on, come to think of it I still do have the odd cough, strangely always with the same flavours. But then out of my collection (I now have ALL of Griz's stuff) they are the two with the biggest throat hit. In a couple of weeks you may have an almighty cough for a couple of days, as you do when you stop smoking, it's all the crap clearing itself out. These days when I do have the odd fag it makes me cough and well a little disgusted.

My new fav is Citrus Spring. It's exactly like Opal Fruits/Starburst :D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #55 on: 04 March, 2012, 04:48:05 am »
I just opened a bottle of Cola Juice and, on first Vape, it's pretty good!  I found a HOOGE Forum on E-cigs. It is mainly American but has 20,000 or so members with a lot from England and Europe. I spoke to a couple of people om there and they have given me a few pointers about technique, also quite a few people got the same things as me with it, and I'm trying their advice which seems to be an improvement.  Going to open the Cappucino e liquid tomorrow ;D

Somewhere in America there is a Root Beer flavour juice and I WILL FIND THAT!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #56 on: 04 March, 2012, 02:14:13 pm »
America does has the bigger choice :( But the UK is catching up.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #57 on: 05 March, 2012, 08:43:07 pm »
Gawd. You guys are supposed to be STOPPING not started a new fashion trend........ ::-)
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #58 on: 05 March, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »
I'll be ordering a kit at some point this week. Sam, could you tell me roughly how long a 30ml bottle of liquid lasts? Im looking to get enough to last a month or so. Recommendations for flavours and strength would be good.

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #59 on: 05 March, 2012, 08:59:34 pm »
Kyuss, What do you smoke in real cig's at the moment? 

If you get a 10ml bottle of 18 mg E liquid work it this way...

It's the number of mg per ml, so for a 10ml bottle of 18mg juice, there is a total of 180mg of nicotine in it.

As for flavours I would suggest trying a few ina sampler pack that is commonly available.  I am hitting Cola a lot so far 8)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #60 on: 05 March, 2012, 11:16:44 pm »
I'd reckon for a month you'd need a couple of 30ml bottles. However, I'd advice against buying a full 30ml of a single flavour when you first start. Instead go for the 10x5ml sampler set. But if you absolutely must get 30ml, go with something like RY4. It's probably the most popular flavour to start with owing to a strong flavour and lots of smoke output combined with throat hit. It was my first flavour back before Vape Escape did sample sets. I still smoke it now :)

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #61 on: 05 March, 2012, 11:40:06 pm »
Thanks guys.

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #62 on: 07 March, 2012, 12:23:18 am »
Might be worth poking your "Forum Head" in here...   http://ukvapers.com/

« Reply #63 on: 14 March, 2012, 10:30:41 am »
Well, I've got half a small pack of rolling tobacco to finish then I'm on to the gadget as my Ego C kit has arrived.  :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to getting my lungs back.

Thought I'd give a big thumbs up to Cloud 9 Vaping too. Ordered the kit yesterday at 2.15 and it arrived this morning. I think that's a record.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #64 on: 14 March, 2012, 12:54:30 pm »
I wasn't a huge fan of CV9s flavours, it'll be interesting to see what you think. Paradise Vapes is another I don't really get on with, they have LOTs of flavours but they seem to have no depth.

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #65 on: 20 March, 2012, 06:57:59 pm »
I've used Juices from a few different Vendors already and, I have to say , the Grizwalds stuff that is exclusive to Jason at Vapeescape.co.uk is up top so far! I like the 5ml "Pick 'n' Mix" as it gives you the chance to try different flavours in small enough quantities not to be too broken up if you find you don't like any of them.
I'll be starting to become an expert soon! 8)
I've actually got some base stuff and am going to try mixing a few of my own soon.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #66 on: 20 March, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »
I won't say exclusive so much as Jason's got him locked in the basement lol.

Check you out though already mixing your own :) Just extra careful. Concentrated Nicotine is dangerous stuff.

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #67 on: 20 March, 2012, 08:34:56 pm »
I am being VERY careful Sam. I only got a small bottle of the 54mg PG based Nicotine and I have PG and VG to dilute it with, a few flavours to play with and a Good Few Pairs of Latex Gloves!

You do realise you've created a monster, Sam 8)

a lower gear

• Carmarthenshire - "Not ALWAYS raining!"
« Reply #68 on: 20 March, 2012, 09:55:12 pm »
So I've been trying to give up smoking for ages. And failing. ... so far nothings worked past a few days.

For my mother, having her tonsils out when in her fifties worked!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #69 on: 20 March, 2012, 11:49:40 pm »
Not created anything, just pointed you in the right direction. Touched any analogues?

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #70 on: 21 March, 2012, 12:04:07 am »
Had a few Valiant :( but less in the past week or so than I would have previously smoked in a single day!
Haven't touched a single one for a good few days now so it's looking like a good 'un.
Unfortunately I feel really Ill recently and the timing of starting these is a bit of a coinkidinki :o
but I think I just have a particularly bad infection that my GP says is going round these parts at the moment. I also just opened this (Yesterday?) morning's mail and found a hospital letter to say I showed positive for MRSA at the pre op' assessment last week. The general coming togetherness of a few things mean I need to let go the Throttle and see how I feel in a few days.

« Reply #71 on: 21 March, 2012, 03:02:03 am »
I wasn't a huge fan of CV9s flavours, it'll be interesting to see what you think

Can't say I'm a fan of the RY4 I ordered but I am new to this and maybe just need to get accustomed. Cloud 9 were the cheapest at the time for the Ego-C though, and it made sense to get a bottle of something with the order. I have to say, at the moment, although it's much better than patches or gum, it's no alternative to the real thing. I was at the pub on Saturday and bought a pack of Marlboro and enjoyed them immensely.

I've got a Mega Mix on the way from Vape Escape. Grizwald's recipes seem to be well regarded so hopefully at least one of the ten flavours will be more palatable as I'm hoping this will be a gateway to giving up completely.

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #72 on: 21 March, 2012, 06:25:25 pm »
Following on from my post saying I had been unwell. Things turned really nasty last night and I had the Out of hours doctor on the telephone. She told me to hit a few extra of my usual DRUGZ and see my GP this morning. Did that and was actually worried that I had overdosed on the nicotine! GP examined me and we talked about things, smoking and Vaping was in there, and he called me a naughty name :o
He said I had cut down too far too fast from my, many years long, cigarette consumption and has told me to do it more gently. I was smoking more than 40 a day in recent years and the sudden cessation meant that my body was making huge amounts of Adrenaline and things to try and make up for the Stimulant in Nicotine. Basically he has given me some NRT things to use as well as Vaping and I have to see him again weekly for a month or so.
I still feel really unwell but it's bacl to a positive again! :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #73 on: 22 March, 2012, 03:55:08 am »
Now there's one for the books. Hope you're ok chap :)

Support Equilibrium

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #74 on: 23 March, 2012, 01:45:28 am »
Not brilliant yet but feeling a World better than yesterday after taking it a bit more easy and also remembering to drink water that IZ NOT full of KOFFEE.

Actually using some new equipment today and it is good also!