Author Topic: Getting cool hair  (Read 9872 times)

Re: Getting cool hair
« Reply #50 on: 17 September, 2008, 02:06:39 pm »
I've decide I'm just going to let it grow. Now, I know there are problems with this - I'll look like a tool for a few months for a start.

However, I KNOW my hair will be the coolest in town given time. I think this is the important thing.

Valiant KNOWS he has the mojo. He doesn't need to be told. In 4 months time, lock the fuck up your daughters, 'cos I'm gunna be in town  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #51 on: 17 September, 2008, 02:58:32 pm »
I've decide I'm just going to let it grow. Now, I know there are problems with this - I'll look like a tool for a few months for a start.

However, I KNOW my hair will be the coolest in town given time. I think this is the important thing.

Valiant KNOWS he has the mojo. He doesn't need to be told. In 4 months time, lock the fuck up your daughters, 'cos I'm gunna be in town  :P

I predict this will end in tears and be damn funny to watch and read about.  Go for it Bobb, you're our hero!!!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #52 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:12:17 pm »
Letting your hair grow?  You are too  too influenced by that sweet & lovely nutter (and hair cultivator) TOKaMaK ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #53 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:12:46 pm »
Actually, fuck it. I'll just get a regular hair cut and go down to Dukes next Friday. Almost certain to find some charming Essex girl. Our activities will probably be in an alleyway though, but I'm not that fussy  :P

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #54 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:15:19 pm »
Remember that the hair was the thing which was OK before - it's just, er, everything else ;D
Getting there...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #55 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:30:37 pm »
Actually, fuck it. I'll just get a regular hair cut and go down to Dukes next Friday. Almost certain to find some charming Essex girl. Our activities will probably be in an alleyway though, but I'm not that fussy  :P

Bobb, Bobb, Bobb dear chap, your plight is causing me to ponder much (well, it beats working).

I owe you an apology as I fear my last post was too flippant in its tone.

I also fear that you are giving up too easily.  Not for you should be a humdrum hair cut.  Greatness awaits, but you must apply yourself to the quest with great fortitude.  Remember dear boy that you get out what you put in - and I'm not referring to any sort of activities with the fair maids of Essex. 

Therefore, I urge you to go for a hair cut that is the stuff of heros.  The fair maids of Essex will appreciate your valiant efforts and flock to you. 

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #56 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:36:27 pm »

And neither will she be.  :-*
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #57 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:38:31 pm »
Your comments and thoughts are much appreciated, OD.

It would seem times have changed. When I were a lad, a portion of chips would be deemed acceptable payment for a jump in Melbourne Park.

Now you have to pay for having cool hair, must have the right job and even have cool shoes damn it! I want the old days! It was much easier!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #58 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:40:58 pm »
Your comments and thoughts are much appreciated, OD.

It would seem times have changed. When I were a lad, a portion of chips would be deemed acceptable payment for a jump in Melbourne Park.

Now you have to pay for having cool hair, must have the right job and even have cool shoes damn it! I want the old days! It was much easier!

Its called "progress" and its supposed to be a good thing - apparently.

« Reply #59 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:51:15 pm »
Actually, fuck it. I'll just get a regular hair cut and go down to Dukes next Friday. Almost certain to find some charming Essex girl. Our activities will probably be in an alleyway though, but I'm not that fussy  :P

That's the problem with you posh birds from posh cities - nothing other than Champagne, Caviar and four poster beds will do. If you're from Essex, you consider the railway embankment to be a luxery!

Edit: Shit. I'm digging myself a hole here aren't I?!

« Reply #60 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:54:42 pm »
Look, I've told you how to get a free haircut in a trendy salon and I've offered you my hottest fashion tips that are so hot they haven't actually come into fashion yet. Stop complaining and get out there and strut your stuff!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #61 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »
I never knew hair was such an issue.  Should I try catching up with a few decades of retrospective worry?  And does this explain why I've  never had the joy of congress with an Essex girl in an alleyway?
Getting there...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #62 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:55:11 pm »
Actually, fuck it. I'll just get a regular hair cut and go down to Dukes next Friday. Almost certain to find some charming Essex girl. Our activities will probably be in an alleyway though, but I'm not that fussy  :P

That's the problem with you posh birds from posh cities - nothing other than Champagne, Caviar and four poster beds will do. If you're from Essex, you consider the railway embankment to be a luxery!

Edit: Shit. I'm digging myself a hole here aren't I?!

Any port in a storm?  :P
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #63 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:57:06 pm »
Even Cockburns?
Getting there...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #64 on: 17 September, 2008, 04:15:42 pm »
Even Cockburns?

Silly boy.  You're not helping you know  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #65 on: 17 September, 2008, 04:17:26 pm »
Getting there...

« Reply #66 on: 06 May, 2010, 02:40:25 pm »
OK!!!

My hair is getting cooler by the day. It is starting to look a bit bollocks though as you go through that period of "Looking like a dick trying to grow his hair long"

I probably need to get it cut. Just get rid of all the fluffy stuff. I am NOT going to give up this time. Maybe I should just get my mummy to trim it like she did when I was a kid?

I used to go out with a girl who had really short hair, then she grew it long again and at no point did it ever look silly. Am I going to have to pay large amounts of money to stop me looking like a twat?

« Reply #67 on: 06 May, 2010, 02:41:48 pm »
It is starting to look a bit bollocks though as you go through that period of "Looking like a dick trying to grow his hair long"

The first 8 years of that phase are the worst.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #68 on: 06 May, 2010, 02:46:25 pm »
I was on the Kings Road yesterday when a couple of lads walked past, one agonising whether to get his hair cut or not.

I know this is a perpetually important question to Master Manotea.

As for me, Mrs Manotea has warned me off anything shorter than a #4...

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #69 on: 06 May, 2010, 02:47:19 pm »
It is starting to look a bit bollocks though as you go through that period of "Looking like a dick trying to grow his hair long"

The next 8 years: they're the worst too.  Then it goes into a bit of a decline.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #70 on: 06 May, 2010, 02:48:40 pm »

The next 8 years: they're the worst too.  Then it goes into a bit of a decline.

Prematurely in your case  ;D

« Reply #71 on: 06 May, 2010, 03:00:50 pm »
Cheeseus, I can't believe you're reviving this one again! ::-) 

As per my advice nearly two years ago, get yourself down to Toni & Guy and ask for a free haircut on a training evening. If you can't bring yourself to cross town and walk into T&G, then go to Options on Broomfield Road on the edge of town, no one will see you. It is even more necessary that you do it this way, now that you are skint. ;)

What you need to be asking for is a short back and sides with long floppy fringe. OK?

« Reply #72 on: 06 May, 2010, 03:03:26 pm »
I've already told you that I'm not bent enough to go to an establishment called "Toni and Guy"!!

Edit: And "Options"? What the fuck sort of bumder do you think I am?!!

Edit2: "Options on Broomfield Road on the edge of town" No, I'm not going all the way to Saffron Walden to get my hair cut!  :P

Oscar's dad

« Reply #73 on: 06 May, 2010, 03:07:41 pm »
And just as I thought my Thursday afternoon was going to get realllllly dull, this turns up.  There is a God after all.

bobb, is your arm still in a sling?  I'm trying to work out what impact this has on your coolness rating.

« Reply #74 on: 06 May, 2010, 03:08:07 pm »
I've already told you that I'm not bent enough to go to an establishment called "Toni and Guy"!!

Edit: And "Options"? What the fuck sort of bumder do you think I am?!!

Edit2: "Options on Broomfield Road on the edge of town" No, I'm not going all the way to Saffron Walden to get my hair cut!  :P

A desperate one?
<i>Marmite slave</i>