General Category > Racing

Tour de France 2020

(1/95) > >>

benborp:
The route has been announced for the 2020 edition.

And WOOP! It's visiting my department for the first time in 17 years.

And WOOP! It's not just happening to pass through on its way somewhere else.

https://www.sudouest.fr/2019/10/14/tour-de-france-deux-etapes-en-charente-maritime-en-2020-c-est-confirme-6697761-4868.php

The 7th of July should be quite spectacular for a flat route.

It starts on one Atlantic island and finishes on another.

Hugging the coast for much of the day it will be one of the few opportunities for the riders that will be disadvantaged by the lack of time-trialling in 2020 to take back chunks of time. If there is any wind at all it could be brutal as the race turns to cross the marshes.

There are going to be several incredible roadside viewing opportunities - I think my preference will be from the town walls of Brouage as the race enters through the main gate (there's also a small bike museum in the town which has always been closed when I have visited).
The blast across the quayside at La Rochelle would be worth seeing too.
There are several nice enough resort towns where spending the day waiting for the caravan to pass wouldn't be any hardship, and a day out on the Côte Sauvage amongst the pine forests where the road winds over the dunes would be pleasant enough as well.

WOOP! Again.

Mr Larrington:
Right now we should be speculating as to how much grog TV's *** Boulting washed down his lunch with.  Happy birthday, ***, and roll on August 29th.

mzjo:
I've booked some holiday for the end of september, I wasn't thinking of Le Tour. It will be far away from me when I'm off which would seem to indicate telly viewing. But what's the point when reading the Larrington reports every evening will give me all the information that I need!  8)

Mr Larrington:
'tis a mixed blessing that there is no Battle Mountain event this year as otherwise I'd be missing the Tour instead of the Vuelta.

SpaceBadger:
I've just had the realisation that I don't need to plan any strategic working-from-home days on the days of the major mountain stages this year  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version