Author Topic: Camp sites you have visited since lockdown  (Read 6441 times)

Re: Camp sites you have visited since lockdown
« Reply #25 on: 07 September, 2020, 02:53:34 pm »
Blackberry Wood is within striking distance I would have thought. They have a pretty strict no music at all and no noise after 11pm rule.

Yes, we got the train there a while back when the dog was still around - it's a lovely place and I'm sure we'll be back at some point.

It's at the far end of what we're comfortably capable of cycling, given that this is first year in some time we've been cycle camping (difficult to cycle camp when the dog was with us so we used trains and backpacks instead). About three miles further than Knepp, which we both found challenging with a camping load (torrential rain and getting lost didn't help matters).

« Reply #26 on: 17 September, 2020, 01:39:31 pm »
Oh FFS. Just looked at the knepp one and it's apparently unsuitable for kids under 12 cos it has fires and water
N
What utter balls. My eldest lit a fire with one of them sparky stick things on her fifth birthday. They have both been in canoes since a young age and we all go wild swimming but no in this age of idiotic and massively over the top insurance claims/over zealous risk assessment/ people unable to take responsibility for themselves they can't go camping cos it has fires despite having done so since around a year. I pretty much look for fires as a requirement for a camp site

Although at eighty quid a night for a family of four ill pass

« Reply #27 on: 17 September, 2020, 01:45:40 pm »
I will however recommend Alde Garden newr Framlingham and Lings Meadow which is sorta Bury St Edmunds way. Both small sites, Alde much smaller with limited pitches. Comunial fires (lings has fire outs as well) have stayed at both in last month or so and have managed to keep open with usual charms despite the pandemic

« Reply #28 on: 20 February, 2021, 08:54:04 pm »
Oaklands near Church Stretton was cheap (£10 per person, per night, fiver for a large bucket of fire wood) and very cyclist friendly. Lot of the facilities like toilets were only half open, but they did let us have access to a shower. Fairly hilly country round there but lots of quiet lanes.

« Reply #29 on: 23 February, 2021, 06:31:23 pm »
Anyone have any thoughts/insight on whether tent-type camping will be allowed in England from April 12th? Or just motorhomes and glamping?

(also why isn't this thread in the camping section?)

« Reply #30 on: 23 February, 2021, 06:40:32 pm »
Anyone have any thoughts/insight on whether tent-type camping will be allowed in England from April 12th? Or just motorhomes and glamping?

(also why isn't this thread in the camping section?)
I think not, because information says single family occupancy holiday rentals and campsites with no shared facilities.

« Reply #31 on: 23 February, 2021, 07:08:10 pm »
I think not, because information says single family occupancy holiday rentals and campsites with no shared facilities.

The government doc specifies "bathing" facilities. I'm not sure if that's deliberate, or is meant to somehow includes toilets, or is sloppy wording. I note public toilets in general have been open throughout, for the most part.

Would a campsite with no showers (or toilets?) or that took them out of use be allowed? What happened last year?