Author Topic: persisterant visitation  (Read 1558 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
persisterant visitation
« on: 01 January, 2021, 05:54:24 pm »
I came back from a ride on 'hilda t'other day, and thought steering were a tad 'eavy. mmmm....! front tyre's a bit squishy, ...pump, pump, pump.

couple of days later..hmmmm. that ty........pump, pump, pump.   

couple of days later ..hmmm. that ty....  bugga, i'll have to have a look. off with tyre, out with tube.....nowt, bucket of water ...nowt...hmmmmm, back in pump, pump, pump.

couple of da.........this is daft, off w'tyre,   pump,pump,  dunk, in t'sink.    nowwt...Ah! wassat! says Mrs Pig,  ah!   bubble......bubble.....bubble..

T'was the blinkin' Michelin tooobs,  with their two part ,'' screwey off the top bit'  type valves......nip nip went t'pliers, all back in ..pump pump pump. 

Couple of days later...................don't know yet  ;D    H N Y

Re: persisterant visitation
« Reply #1 on: 01 January, 2021, 07:50:11 pm »
Lezeyne pumps with the screw on flexible hose can undo the valve core. So I always tighten up cores.  Mind I use a Zefal frame pump on my recumbent now. On my road bike which has the lezeyne I have a tiny core tightening plastic bit as part of my tubeless kit.

Re: persisterant visitation
« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2021, 10:01:10 pm »
Yup. Did the very same thing with that pump. Half way up the Mangart on TCR. Horror! Instantly grew a third arm to plug the precious sealant spurting out and managed to get it back in.  Nice pump though.
often lost.