Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 333736 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #2325 on: 31 May, 2020, 07:46:06 pm »
Just watching the live feed from the Dragon capsule.  One of the astronauts appears to be having trouble with the seal on a freezer bag.

Was it full of poo?

« Reply #2326 on: 31 May, 2020, 08:53:42 pm »
Just watching the live feed from the Dragon capsule.  One of the astronauts appears to be having trouble with the seal on a freezer bag.

Was it full of poo?

Oblig_Apollo 10 "floater" story: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/64345/nasas-46-year-old-floating-poop-mystery  ;D :-X
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2327 on: 01 June, 2020, 10:43:27 am »

Was it full of poo?

Tempted to say FSVO full, but it looked like empty food containers.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2328 on: 03 June, 2020, 08:10:11 pm »
When you run water into the kitchen sink and it sprays right back all over you, because the water hit a spoon or some perfectly oriented edge... 
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #2329 on: 04 June, 2020, 09:33:38 am »
Waitrose had run out of Deli-style coleslaw so I had to get the plebs' version - and it leaked into the bag!
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2330 on: 25 June, 2020, 03:08:55 pm »
Somebody has put BEER in the fridge and it is trying to tempt me every time I open the fridge door.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #2331 on: 15 July, 2020, 07:15:44 pm »
Another Drosophila is doing backstroke in my beer...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

ian

« Reply #2332 on: 15 July, 2020, 08:11:03 pm »
Probably a kenny mutant. They die after two days.

My second favourite after Ken and Barbie, male and female versions of the same Drosophila mutant, which have no external genitalia.

Or possibly a lush which does what you'd expect. In less refined times was called cheap date.

« Reply #2333 on: 15 July, 2020, 08:30:18 pm »
Another Drosophila is doing backstroke in my beer...

I'll just leave this here, pulled from an appropriate thread:

Obligatory Far Side cartoon: https://images.slideplayer.com/5/1557850/slides/slide_4.jpg ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #2334 on: 20 July, 2020, 10:11:02 am »
There are no cutting lines on this morning's muffins. Strewth!
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2335 on: 20 July, 2020, 02:27:36 pm »
I can no longer find cheap* ginger beer made with sugar.  Sucralose seems to be bearable, but aspartame leaves a horrid aftertaste.  Ick, ick, ick.

* I.e. Not Fentimans and similar over priced middle class nonsense. I'm talking supermarket own-brand (no longer) sugar water, flavourings (probably artificial) and CO2.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2336 on: 20 July, 2020, 10:43:41 pm »
Dr Beardy loads the whirly clothes dry from the outside. Now this wouldn’t be a problem is she was the only one doing the laundry, but I’m expected to undertake the task as well. But the real bug bear is that she’s now taken to ‘correcting’ my loading of the whirly clothes dry and moves things I’ve pegged to the shorter inner strings ‘so that it balances’. Grrr
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2337 on: 20 July, 2020, 10:54:25 pm »
I can no longer find cheap* ginger beer made with sugar.  Sucralose seems to be bearable, but aspartame leaves a horrid aftertaste.  Ick, ick, ick.

* I.e. Not Fentimans and similar over priced middle class nonsense. I'm talking supermarket own-brand (no longer) sugar water, flavourings (probably artificial) and CO2.

Barakta and I have grumbled about this in Food & Drink before.

Might not have been ginger beer but sometimes we just want full sugar fizzies.
San Pellegrino Limonata/Arenciata have been reformulated with less sugar, which marred our Christmas meals.

We hardly touch alcohol but like a decent sweet pop with special meals.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2338 on: 21 July, 2020, 11:05:35 am »
There are stories of capitalist running dogs buying up the remaining stocks of full-sugar Irn-Bru to flog at vastly inflated prices to quivering Caledonian addicts.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2339 on: 21 July, 2020, 11:29:02 am »

Even the middle class overpriced nonsense has been de-sugared. What the hell is wrong with the world, even the rich can't be trusted to care for their own teeth and lard.

I'm going to try this middle class overpriced nonsense- I don't much want the organic credentials but I like that the major ingredients are sugar and more sugar.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2340 on: 21 July, 2020, 11:44:09 am »
Also a problem for poorly controlled T1 diabetics as the full-sugar versions make a good hypo corrector
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #2341 on: 21 July, 2020, 01:48:33 pm »
Gotta get ready for all that fructose somehow.  ::-)
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2342 on: 21 July, 2020, 05:17:51 pm »
I repost https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OmZq9Ul5AFUAsIjX9G8IsMIsNGwU9Q8P4kcKe6T74YE/edit#gid=0 the spreadsheet a friend compiled of sugary alternatives from last yr tho.

I am still drinking the posh ribena that has to be kept in the fridge. It's not as nice as REAL (sugary) ribena :(

And coca cola is still OK, I don't drink it much but if I wanna push my brain to do sensory processing, throwing extra glucose at my brain stops it migraining quite as badly and tastes slightly better than dextrose tablets!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2343 on: 21 July, 2020, 05:45:36 pm »
I think the alcopops known as 'fruit cider' are still full-sugar, for those who take alcohol.

Sellers of ethanol seem to be able to include large amounts of sugar in their beverages and minimise available useful information.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2344 on: 21 July, 2020, 06:01:36 pm »
Quote from: barakta
And coca cola is still OK...
Alas, we are condemned to forever disagree on this.  :)
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2345 on: 21 July, 2020, 06:13:22 pm »
Oh well. That is the yearly week in Drôme followed by a week in Girona cancelled.
Dunning beckons.  :-\
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2346 on: 21 July, 2020, 06:39:14 pm »
Well as OK as coca cola can be. it's not my fave, I am 90% made of tea and I preferred Proper Ribena, but you can generally get Full-Sugar-Cuke when out and about unless it's a hospital in which case everything is sugar-free shit (I should really try a complaint on one, discriminates against ppl who can't tolerate sweeteners).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2347 on: 21 July, 2020, 06:48:13 pm »
Quote from: barakta
And coca cola is still OK...
Alas, we are condemned to forever disagree on this.  :)

Coca Cola still has a decent sugar whack.
Whether it is otherwise OK is a matter of personal taste.

Very few fizzies now have a big sugar whack.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2348 on: 21 July, 2020, 07:00:01 pm »
Even ‘energy’ drinks are now available in sugar free alternatives which does seem to be missing the point.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2349 on: 21 July, 2020, 08:43:31 pm »
Caffeine and electrolytes might fulfil some folk's desires...