Author Topic: Heads up! Dr Who starts Saturday....  (Read 283797 times)

Re: Heads up! Dr Who starts Saturday....
« Reply #500 on: 03 January, 2010, 03:16:25 pm »
It was probably the camera tilting rather than the set by the way.

« Reply #501 on: 03 January, 2010, 03:23:06 pm »
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

« Reply #502 on: 03 January, 2010, 03:53:14 pm »
I'm not sure I agree that using a bar with Aliens in it makes it related to Star Wars.  Bars and pub are pretty common in most contemporary programmes (and others like Westerns), so I don't see why they shouldn't be used in other Science Fiction stories just because Star Wars had a notable bar scene.  Possibly there are other elements which make it related to Star Wars, but I didn't notice them.

I thought that short scene was actually rather well done, with a mixture of unknown characters as well as a few from previous episodes, like the somewhat inebriated Adipose. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #503 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:28:43 pm »
Just seen a preview of the forthcoming episodes.  The Weeping Angels are making a return.  Eek!
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #504 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:36:58 pm »
Noooooooooooooooooooo!  :o *hides under the bed for rest of year*
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #505 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:39:12 pm »
Oh. Cool. :thumbsup:

Blink was an exceptionally good episode, even though it didn't really feature much of the Doctor.

« Reply #507 on: 03 January, 2010, 05:33:47 pm »
That was more Star Trek than Star Wars to be honest. It still makes me giggle.

D'Oh, yes, brain not engaged.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #508 on: 03 January, 2010, 09:55:12 pm »
I thought it was good on the whole - the whole of Dr Who is built around convenient story devices, so I had no problem with nuclear bolts.   :)  Wasn't so sure about RTD having his Cap'n Jack - Alonso 'are you thinking what I'm thinking, nudge, nudge' moment though.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #509 on: 03 January, 2010, 10:01:46 pm »
What about his Martha & Mickey are married moment? What's that about? Wasn't she engaged to someone else?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #510 on: 03 January, 2010, 10:03:40 pm »
I wasn't too impressed with his leap from the speeding spaceship and scoring a bulls-eye through
the centre of the glass dome and then surviving it. (really though, I should've been)

I kind of missed the next few minutes because I was too busy thinking... 'no 'kin way?'

Ah, it's only a bit of fun.

« Reply #512 on: 11 January, 2010, 11:17:28 pm »

Blink was an exceptionally good episode, even though it didn't really feature much of the Doctor.
We just watched this one again. Blumming heck, it's good. And scary. Apparently it got the second highest 'BBC Fear Forecaster' rating for a Doctor Who episode.

But I still don't get this: if Sally gives the Doctor a folder containing information on everything which occurs during the episode, which he uses to get himself out of 1969, where do the original ideas come from? For example, the idea of making the Angels surround the fading TARDIS, ending up locked in each other's gaze. If the Doctor is told that this happens by Sally Sparrow's information folder, then where did the original idea come from?

*wibbles off into a brain-spin*   :facepalm:

« Reply #513 on: 12 January, 2010, 12:02:40 pm »

We just watched this one again. Blumming heck, it's good. And scary. Apparently it got the second highest 'BBC Fear Forecaster' rating for a Doctor Who episode.

But I still don't get this: if Sally gives the Doctor a folder containing information on everything which occurs during the episode, which he uses to get himself out of 1969, where do the original ideas come from? For example, the idea of making the Angels surround the fading TARDIS, ending up locked in each other's gaze. If the Doctor is told that this happens by Sally Sparrow's information folder, then where did the original idea come from?

*wibbles off into a brain-spin*   :facepalm:

Ask Jeeves, go on... Do it!  ;D

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #514 on: 29 March, 2010, 01:40:45 pm »
Gratuitous Thread-Bump.
Just so that it's on the front page, so the enthusiasts out there in YACF-land can find it easily to discuss the first Matt Smith episode, broadcast this Saturday at 18.20.
 O:-)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #515 on: 29 March, 2010, 02:01:44 pm »
Matt Smith really reminds me of Christopher Lambert.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #516 on: 29 March, 2010, 03:10:36 pm »
Programme about Delia Derbyshire on R4 now.  Started 1502.
Getting there...

« Reply #517 on: 29 March, 2010, 05:55:13 pm »
Heard & enjoyed.

Hmm. Anyone else regret Paterson Joseph not getting the job?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #518 on: 29 March, 2010, 05:58:07 pm »
I'm looking forward to the next lot of the Doctor but I'm not so sure about this new fella, but lets see on Saturday.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #519 on: 29 March, 2010, 06:00:36 pm »
I must admit I wasn't too sure about David Tennant to start with, but he won me over quite quickly.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #520 on: 29 March, 2010, 09:57:33 pm »
What interests me is whether they will develop the more vulnerable and lonely Doctor that Ecclestone created and Tennant followed.

Will we take a step back, or develop this further?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #521 on: 29 March, 2010, 11:56:56 pm »
Programme about Delia Derbyshire on R4 now.  Started 1502.

Thanks for the tip-off - and hurrah for iPlayer! Something nice to listen to in bed.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #522 on: 31 March, 2010, 10:06:12 pm »
Well is is at it even before he have started

'Doctor Who' star's airport troubles | TV Blog - Yahoo! TV UK
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #523 on: 31 March, 2010, 10:13:43 pm »
Well is is at it even before he have started

'Doctor Who' star's airport troubles | TV Blog - Yahoo! TV UK

As someone who has on two separate occasions over the years had swiss army knives picked up on airport x-ray, I have some sympathy.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #524 on: 31 March, 2010, 11:01:23 pm »
Damn, I had better make sure I don't carry any light sabres or ray guns through airline security. :-\