Author Topic: Heads up! Dr Who starts Saturday....  (Read 283814 times)

Re: Heads up! Dr Who starts Saturday....
« Reply #750 on: 26 April, 2010, 12:01:55 pm »
IMDB says:

Episode 1 : The Eleventh Hour written by Steven Moffat
Episode 2 : The Beast Below written by Steven Moffat
Episode 3 : Victory of the Daleks written by Mark Gatiss
Episode 4 : The Time of Angels written by Steven Moffat
Episode 5 : Flesh and Stone written by Steven Moffat
Episode 6 : Vampires of Venice written by Toby Whithouse
Episode 7 : Amy's Choice written by Simon Nye
Episode 8 : written by Chris Chibnall
Episode 9 : written by Chris Chibnall
Episode 10 : written by Richard Curtis
Episode 11 : written by Gareth Roberts
Episode 12 : written by Steven Moffat
Episode 13 : written by Steven Moffat
Actually, it is rocket science.

Si

« Reply #751 on: 26 April, 2010, 03:37:11 pm »
ah, in which case I can forgive him the first one, but not the second - a bit below his par!

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #752 on: 26 April, 2010, 04:56:32 pm »
Would it be considered heretical to say that I'm finding this series a bit Meh...

...and that I didn't find the Angels episode the slightest bit scary?
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #753 on: 26 April, 2010, 04:58:22 pm »
Of course River Song could be the Doctor?
Or even the Doctor's daughter...
In the Library she said they were married. What sort of relationship are you having if you marry your future/past self?  ???

No, she refused to say whether they were or not.  Amy asked and she said "you're good" but wouldn't say for sure.  The Doctor appeared to say they were when Amy Pond asks "Is she your wife?" repeatedly, when he said "Yes.  Yes, you're right... I am in a grumpy mood" (can't remember the exact quote) but he was obviously answering her first question (are you grumpy) not the second (is she your wife).

I think.  Unless the Weeping Angels scared me so much that I missed a bit.  :-[

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #754 on: 26 April, 2010, 05:06:12 pm »
Would it be considered heretical to say that I'm finding this series a bit Meh...

No, you're not the only one Reggie. I think Matt Smith is great, Karen Gillan is trying a bit too hard and love the stylisation of Alex Kingston's character but its all a bit boring.

« Reply #755 on: 26 April, 2010, 05:11:16 pm »

It's brilliant. And if you fancied women you'd find a very good reason to watch it  :P

It was "Mr grumpy face" BTW, J. I think the whole relationship between River and The Doctor is deliberately left open for the future - I doubt the writers know yet.....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #756 on: 26 April, 2010, 06:18:13 pm »
... I think the whole relationship between River and The Doctor is deliberately left open for the future - I doubt the writers know yet.....

Don't bet on it.  Apparently these two episodes are one of the things that River mentioned in her first appearance, in The Library, so they possibly are thinking ahead a bit!

Of course, it could also be that they are leaving lots of this sort of things lying around in stories, so they can appear clever later on, but in actuality they just need to look around, and see what bits they can hang a new story line on.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #757 on: 26 April, 2010, 07:29:58 pm »
Pond is getting better and better; this could be the best assistant ever

I was saying exactly that to Mrs C whilst watching this week's episode  :thumbsup:. My previous favourite was Jo Grant (closely followed by Rose Tyler) but I'm rapidly becoming seriously smitten by the gorgeous Amy.
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #758 on: 26 April, 2010, 07:34:14 pm »
Did anyone see the Charlie Brooker programme where he said Matt Smith looked like a friendly Easter Island statue with a bow tie?  ;D Made oi larf, that did.

I knew he reminded me of something! (Not that I don't think he's a good Doctor, mind)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #759 on: 26 April, 2010, 08:00:03 pm »
Pond is getting better and better; this could be the best assistant ever

I was saying exactly that to Mrs C whilst watching this week's episode  :thumbsup:. My previous favourite was Jo Grant (closely followed by Rose Tyler) but I'm rapidly becoming seriously smitten by the gorgeous Amy.

Better than Leela? ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #760 on: 26 April, 2010, 08:34:27 pm »
Not sure. But I reckon so...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #761 on: 26 April, 2010, 08:39:38 pm »
How come Amy is so good? How does she know how to fix all these things, but she doesn't remember the Dalek/Cyberperson invasion? Has she come through the crack from another dimension? Is she the Master?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #762 on: 26 April, 2010, 09:10:57 pm »
Fuck all that. She's just fit....

« Reply #763 on: 26 April, 2010, 09:34:30 pm »
Shit!!

OK, I can live with The Crack made by my cat on a cardboard box full of inner tubes and shit. But the pickled egg is freaking me out. I swear one of them had started to develop a crack this morning, but now it's gone! I don't know what to do, can someone please come and help me because I think I'm about to die..........

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #764 on: 26 April, 2010, 09:37:04 pm »
Try going without Stella for the next 48 hours and see what happens. ;)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #765 on: 26 April, 2010, 09:53:13 pm »

Glad it's not just me.  I know I'm usually mis-aligned with these things, but I found the Angels episode well dull...
I liked the first episode and the Space-Whale one, but last weeks Daleks episode was very weak.
The new Doc and the skinny Amy just aren't doing it for me.

« Reply #766 on: 26 April, 2010, 09:53:30 pm »
Fuck Stella! I only drink that once a year. I'm seriously worried about my eggs. Unless Amy jumps out of them of course  :)

« Reply #767 on: 26 April, 2010, 10:28:42 pm »
How come Amy is so good? How does she know how to fix all these things, but she doesn't remember the Dalek/Cyberperson invasion? Has she come through the crack from another dimension? Is she the Master?

Mistress shurely?

« Reply #768 on: 26 April, 2010, 10:59:06 pm »
Fuck all that. She's just fit....

I was pondering this ( ;)) earlier today. She doesn't have an amazing figure. She doesn't flash flesh, or have a face to die for.

Yet she's universally regarded as well fit . . .

I think it is because she haz teh attitude.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #769 on: 27 April, 2010, 07:50:18 am »

She's not that good: she didn't see anything wrong with landing on unknown planet which contained hostile beings whilst wearing a red jersey. ::-)

(On a similar vein, did anyone else look at the two Token Black Guys heading off to explore and think "this isn't going to end happily for you"?)
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #770 on: 27 April, 2010, 09:02:03 am »

Mistress shurely?

You git - i've just had a K-9 flashback!

The references/homages/pilfering of old SF continues ...

Falling out of an airlock and being picked up -> pure H2G2.

Which they acknowledged with some probability techno-babble, and I'm 90% sure that one of the gadgets made a noise like the TV version of the physical guide.

oh, and Kathy isn't the only one to notice the red shirt thing - I did wonder if this was deliberate, what with it being Amy's first  "Away Team"trip :)
</SF geek>
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #771 on: 27 April, 2010, 10:40:56 am »
She doesn't have an amazing figure. She doesn't flash flesh, or have a face to die for.

Aside from the fact that I don't know what "flash flesh" is, I would have to disagree with this.

Figure-wise, she looks far better in a bikini than I ever will, so I'm not going to criticise her there, and I find her face very easy on the eye.

I think it is because she haz teh attitude.

That just adds to her charm.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #772 on: 27 April, 2010, 10:56:36 am »
Figure-wise, she looks far better in a bikini than I ever will, so I'm not going to criticise her there, and I find her face very easy on the eye.

This thread has now become useless without pictures.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

citoyen

« Reply #773 on: 27 April, 2010, 11:28:41 am »
Dude, you do not want to see what I look like in a bikini. I look bad enough in lycra.  ;D

d.

citoyen

« Reply #774 on: 27 April, 2010, 01:57:03 pm »
Thank you for your e-mail.

The 'Over the Rainbow' trail in 'Doctor Who' should not have played out on Saturday and we apologise to all 'Doctor Who' fans whose enjoyment of the show was disrupted. We recognise the strength of feeling that has been expressed and are taking steps to ensure that this mistake will not happen again.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

Regards

BBC Complaints